• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vallejo RLM 75

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Is it common knowlege that Vallejo RLM 75 seems way out compaired to others?

I could not find my Vallejo RLM75 when I started painting the 109 so I dug deep and found the Model Masters acrylic that I've had literally for about 10 years.

Here's a picture of Vallejo RLM 74, MM 15 and V 75.

hab9d39f.jpg

I put 74 in there so we can see the contrast between the two colors. Guess I should have put 74 in the middle.

The MM is much lighter than the Vallejo. I'm glad I used Model Master.

So who's closer to being right?

I have several sets of of German paint chips and even they don't all agree and there are a lot of variations between paint manufacturers. Trying to match colors on computer screens isn't a doable thing. German colors are an probably always will be a mine field. Best to chose colors with the sort of contrasts one sees in photos even if they may not be exact matches for the original colors. Just my 2¢ worth.

I get there's going to be variations Gary, kind like arguing over OD (not Old Dog... :rotf) but this seems to be way out of whack.

I get there's going to be variations Gary, kind like arguing over OD (not Old Dog... :rotf) but this seems to be way out of whack.

Not really gonna touch this...but

Can't be worse than the Japanese paint where the specs are only described by name , like Tea color or young bamboo . :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Back