• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kidney stones suck.

The Zod

Hello from Sparks, NV.

Back on Tuesday, I had to go to the emergency room. I was in very bad pain. It hurt to walk from my truck to the truck stop. Thankfully, a fire dept that has an ambulance is right next door to this truck stop. The pain went from my lower back on my right up into the right shoulder and neck. I could not even take a deep breath. After the x rays, it turned out I have a bunch of small kidney stones.

Since Tuesday, I have had trouble sleeping. Until last night, I could only lay on my left side. But every couple hours, I'd wake up and have to move a bit because my hip would be sore.  Last night, I was able to lay on my back. But if I tried to lay on my left, my right kidney would be sore.

I have been drinking a lot of water. Today is day three. No problems in going potty. I think the stones were small enough to pass through with no pain. My right side is not quite as sore as it was. I think it was just inflamed today.

Hoping to sleep well tonight, then back to driving tomorrow.

Folks. Drink plenty of water always. I do not wish kidney stones on anyone.

Ouch!! I hear you, they are not fun. Hope they pass quick. Sending some :zen in the mean time.
James

Oh My Zod! Glad you are on the mend! My boss has had that several times and he never takes off sick. (he does with that though).

Have never had kidney stones though I passed "something" once where I had to whiz almost constantly for about 3 hours. Have had bile stones and I guess the pain level was somewhat similar. So I can relate my friend and hope this all passes soon and you are back to happy and healthy truckin' quite soon!

Had them and yeah they hurt like hell. I could never get comfortable so they doped me up with Demerol. I still hurt but i didn't care. I got lucky and passed them the next day. Get better my friend.

Thanks everyone. :)

I tried to get back to driving earlier today. However, my safety dept. said they never got the discharge paperwork, and a back to work release form from the hospital. Earlier this week, I faxed and e-mailed the discharge forms. I was also told that the doctor sent them a back to work form.

I called the ER and asked to speak with the doctor. I was told he was not in. That lad asked me what it was about, and I told her. She told me that doctors there do not sign back to work forms. That has to be done by my doctor. I am around 2, 700 miles from home. :bang head

So, on Monday, we will take it from there.

Back