• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:1 modelling - new workbench

I haven't posted much lately, but I thought I'd share a recent 1:1 project which has kept me away from 1:35 projects :laugh:

I'm currently working on a 1:1 diorama of a garage. The missus and I have differing opinions on this: she prefers the factory fresh look while I prefer a weathered look :laugh:

Anywho, the latest edition is a workbench :woohoo: built over this past weekend. I'm not much of a woodworker, or any form of handyman, so this took me probably about 8-12 hours to put together - and about 3 months to go out and buy the wood :laugh:

23505_1364920208654_1401107397_31052266_2724637_n.jpg

(hopefully the pic shows - never linked to a FB pic before)

Hopefully the addition of the bench will mean more model time :)

Later

R

Well it looks nice , but where is my spot ? Well you do want visitors to come don't you ? :unsure:

The wood effect looks very convincing , just like real wood :laugh: .

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks, Moonpup. Looks can be deceiving :laugh: But... it should do the job ;)

jenny croft wrote:
Well it looks nice , but where is my spot ? Well you do want visitors to come don't you ? :unsure:

Jen,

Hon, the lower "shelf" is actually your bench - hope it's not too high, if it is I'll have to buy you a height adjustable chair :laugh:

Glad I pulled off the wood effect. I used King Bob's wood painting technique :pp :D

R

Rudi Richardson wrote:
jenny croft wrote:

Jen,

Hon, the lower "shelf" is actually your bench - hope it's not too high, if it is I'll have to buy you a height adjustable chair :laugh:

Glad I pulled off the wood effect. I used King Bob's wood painting technique :pp :D

R

Oh what a pity you will not be able to use it in the naughty corner :pp :pp :pp

Rudi Richardson wrote:

I wonder if I LOL would I be sent to the corner as well. If I do, Rudi, remember, it's BYOB. :woohoo:

jenny croft wrote:
Oh what a pity you will not be able to use it in the naughty corner :pp :pp :pp

LOL! You wanna bet? Haven't you noticed the bench is in the corner? With the white IKEA wardrobe which is, quite conveniently, my model storage unit :) In my house, that is the naughty corner! :D :pp

Pup, I'll be sure to bring m'hooch, mate! :drink

Back