• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PB-5 Catalina 1:1 scale for sale

Thats a PBY-6 and over the cockpit is a radome for the radar. Taller tail and longer wingspan. Cool little video.

Definitly a cool plane, also even more definitly an amature restoring it and doing the filming.

One of the big thigs it does point out is just how small and cramped it is inside.

Definitly a cool plane, also even more definitly an amature restoring it and doing the filming.

One of the big thigs it does point out is just how small and cramped it is inside.

I think the average man was smaller back then as well. I remember making my way around inside "Sentimental Journey" and how it would have been for me if I were flying in that thing.

There is a shot, seen it many times. Glass nose B25 photoed during the war and the guy up front just looks dwarfed. Close to the same shot in modern times with someone up front and they look like they are hunched up just to fit. Another example, an old Vet here in time, Vet of the 3rd Army, he was a commander of a tank platoon, the man is 5' nothing and 120lbs soakin wet. OK he might be taller.

I honestly think the machines were designed back then with smaller crew in mind than what would be required today.

Back