• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A visit from Alex De Leon

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
Yesterday morning I got a phone call from an old buddy from Texas. Alex De Leon. (see his forum in the Master's section here on modelersalliance.com). He had left the World Expo in Chicago, on Interstate-44, enroute to Texas. I had asked him to stop by on the way home and so he did. He spent the day and headed home the next morning! He had won three gold medals with three entries at what is most likely the most prestigious show in the world, no small feat! I got to see his three entries and even photograph them. We reminisced over old times, he really liked the museum, I had a hard time getting him away from it. :yipee

Here's a photo of Alex in the museum.
IMG_3717.JPG

And his fantastic motorcycles. You have to see them in person before you can realize the incredible amount of work that he puts in these things.
IMG_3713.JPG

IMG_3710.JPG

12718033_10154176258811473_769444046752990320_n.jpg

We are lucky to have such people posting on MA!

It was a great visit, looking forward to the next one!

Bob

I've seen two of the three motorcycles in person myself. Those are truly stunningly amazing masterful models!
All those skulls on the first one are individual skulls added one by one; but he probably told you that. I may have even seen Alex in person before, but never had the chance to talk to him. I do hope that can be remedied in Phoenix at the Nationals there in 2018.

I'm glad to see you all had such a great visit.

Back