• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tough Weekend on Mustangs

RichB

Two P-51 Mustangs attending Duxford Flying Legend airshow were involved in separate incidents over the weekend.

The P-51B "Berlin Express" made a 4 day 5470 mile ferry flight from the US to the UK. During its fly past on Saturday the Malcolm Hood shattered. The aircraft landed safely, the pilot uninjured and only slight damage to the tail.

Berlin Express

The P-51D "Miss Velma" wasn't so lucky. While on approach, the pilot made an emergency landing short of the runway. He was uninjured but the aircraft was damaged.

Miss Velma

Cheers,
Rich

:pinch:

Glad there were no injuries and looks like both birds should be able to return to the air...though a bit more work will be required on the second one.

Wow, reading some on that one thread I realize where some of the modeling trolls went.

Great photos and good thing no one was hurt. (y)

All those warbird aircraft are very rare and pilot's a dime a dozen. I know, I have a very funny way of thinking. Hate to see them get bent because of pilot error. Gary S.

Back