• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What a craptacular day

jknaus

Administrator
Not a great day today. My little buddy Lynx has been sick the past couple of days, not eating or anything. Took him to the vet this morning to get him checked out. Poor little guy had acute renal failure and even if he was hospitalized his prognosis was not good. We had to have him put down and its one of the hardest things I've had to do. I cant tell you how much he impacted our lives and he and Georgia are the most unique cats we've seen or heard of. What little modeling mojo I had has now evaporated. Probably shouldn't be yacking about it but I just needed to let it out some,

h2d29c55.JPG

Really sorry to hear that James. I know you miss him greatly. I had to go in and completely rearrange my hobby cave when my buddy Harley died suddenly. Still miss him and it has been a couple of years now so I do know what you are going through my friend.

:zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen

Being sort of a one man cat rescue organization I have had to put way too many down over the years from kidney failure, liver failure, cancer and old age. Many of them I had had for as long as 16 years. It never gets any easier. Just be thankful you were blessed with them while they were alive.

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth
It is called Rainbow Bridge because of its many colours

Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills, valleys with lush green grass

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this special place
There is always food and water and warm spring weather

The old and frail are young again
Those who are maimed are made whole again

They play all day with each other
There is only one thing missing

They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth
So each day they run and play until the day comes
when one suddenly stops playing and looks up !

The nose twitches !
The ears are up !
The eyes are staring !
And this one suddenly runs from the group !

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet,
you take him or her into your arms and embrace
your face is kissed again and again,
and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

I have been having a craptacular two weeks myself, but never had to do something like this. I am so sorry for your loss. I too have lost cats and I have two now. He was a beautiful cat and I am so sad he's gone. Take time to grieve for him. always remember the good times with him too.

So sorry to hear James . Never a good time to lose a family member .

Still fortunate to have had that time and that joy together.

Thoughts and prayers . Christian

It's always hard tl let a loved one go even if it is an animal. At least the cat is free from fiurther suffering. As hard as it is to have a friend put down it's the right thing to do at times.

I still miss my dog. I'm not getting another one due to my health.

As far as psting here to get it off your chest... pain shared is pain lessened, or so they say. i know I got a lot of comfort from the posts when my dog died in my arm.

My deepest condolences to you James.

Cheers

Not a great day today. My little buddy Lynx has been sick the past couple of days, not eating or anything. Took him to the vet this morning to get him checked out. Poor little guy had acute renal failure and even if he was hospitalized his prognosis was not good. We had to have him put down and its one of the hardest things I've had to do. I cant tell you how much he impacted our lives and he and Georgia are the most unique cats we've seen or heard of. What little modeling mojo I had has now evaporated. Probably shouldn't be yacking about it but I just needed to let it out some,

h2d29c55.JPG

James I am so sorry! I just saw this, he was a cutire...I have one nearly like him! it is very hard to let the go, my two are 14 now and thier health is not good either.

Hang in there

Late to the show as usual but very sorry to hear this news James.

I had to put my little buddy down last September after 19 1/2 years and I still look for him. I'm sure he had a great long life with you and you can be thankful for that. It's never easy to loose a companion.

Warren

Back