• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Guys & Gals, Check your Photobucket Accounts

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
No more 3rd party hosting, time to use our gallery.

photobucket.jpg

Regards,

Yeah it's already struck here with Michaels account.

He said they want $400 a year. I've been warning y'all for years about Photobucket.

Well, very glad I never got attached to PB . :sick:

I don't recal you mentining that bad thing would happen to users in the future though :facepalm

Cheers, Christian B)

No more 3rd party hosting, time to use our gallery.

Until the big migration and the gallery disappears...

Attaching photos directly to the post is much easier and less time consuming than adding to the gallery. Of course, that doesn't help folks who post on other forums. :idonno

Quit using PooterBucket a while ago. The photo hosting on this site is really fairly easy to use. In fact it is much easier than PB was. Maybe we can set up some way to host photos after the migrate.

All my stuff is archived in my machine so if someone needs something restored it will be easily done, all you need to do is let me know.

Geez, $400 a year to host? Doubt they will be around long with that kind of gouge. That and the way they screw up the size of the photos hosting which is the main reason I quit using PooterBucket.

Actually PB has 3 plans, 1st plan is 52 Gig storage for $60 a year, 2nd plan is 102 Gig storage for $100 a year and then the expensive one 502 Gig of storage for $400. Definitely not going there anymore.

https://imageshack.us/

https://imgbb.com/

We are going to be migrating our site to a new host this summer (no really, it's going to happen) and when that is done I may have a new gallery we can use. our current one will not survive the migration, current images will not be harmed but i can't use the old software on the new system.

I would stop with Photobucket without a blink. The problem is I have 2,644 images on there. I started with them some time before I joined the original T & T site. It would take a tremendous amount to time to post all those on here and then link them to the various forums, wouldn't it??

:idonno :idonno :idonno :idonno

So they're going to more than double the price and all you can do is store the photos and not post them on the modeling sites unless you paying a ridicules price to do so?

Screw that :angry:

Tony lee

Well, if we don't have a Gallery after the migration I'll not be able to post any more updates. I can't afford to pay for a photo storing site and with the sheer volume of pics I post per month here and elsewhere, I'll not be able to post anything. Attaching would be fine, except I cannot copy and paste my posts to other Forums if I do that. Besides, I think there's a limit to how many you can attach in any post so I'd be doing a large number of posts. Maybe I should just stop showing my stuff since I'll no longer have anyplace to upload them anymore.

No gallery or hosting site is required to post on this forum, all you have to do is attach photos from your computer to the MA thread. If you want to post on other forums,you may need a hosting site.

Is there a limit on how many can be attached per post? I once tried to attach and was stopped at five. I had 23 more to go....

I've found that 12 is the limit and you should resize or crop the images to save server space. Better than nothing and it's for free...

Oh yeah, I always crop and resize my pics down. True it is better than nothing for free. Oh well. I'll figure something out.

Back