• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Family Group build event

Novorus

Guys need your help.

Hope i have posted in the right place.

I posted on my you tube channel a group build for May, and hoping that as many people as possible can get involved.

The idea is a simple one, build a model with family to celebrate 'International Family day".

So get together with a family member young or old, crack open some unstated kits and build them over the weekend. Starting on Friday the 12th May at 1800 your time and finish up on Sunday the 14th at 1800 your time.

Their will be a prize, just for taking part, each family will be given a number and drawn with a random generator by myself. Register on the Facebook page linked below just by joining the page and posting "Im in" and watch out for further updates.

On the weekend all that will be required is to post some pictures before/during and after to make sure i can see what fun you have been up to. I have explained the idea on my April update but will be posting a group build update with rules and all that stuff in the coming days. :pop:

Come on guys lets build some models. (y)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/217021638777483

or

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZnEdtaSXu6Xls3LTfQW4Eg

That's a great idea. No one else in my family builds but maybe we can have a mini build here on the site. We start one thread here in the lounge and everyone builds something over the weekend. Call it our own little family. I know we have several members who's family builds, maybe they can post their weekend works here as well.

Shoot, use this thread to do it on.

After just recently getting my 5 year old daughter into the hobby I find this to be a very interesting idea!

However, I am not on Facebook (and won't be joining anytime soon) and with a hectic family life and a 2 year old as well, this would be just too short a time frame right now.

Best I could hope for over a weekend would be a couple 1 hr bench sessions!

If there was a separate thread on here and a time frame more suitable, I would join up!

Sorry, not looking to be a stick in the mud, just being realistic with the current situation!

That's a great idea. No one else in my family builds but maybe we can have a mini build here on the site. We start one thread here in the lounge and everyone builds something over the weekend. Call it our own little family. I know we have several members who's family builds, maybe they can post their weekend works here as well.

Shoot, use this thread to do it on.

Moon I had foreseen that not everyone would have family that would be willing to get involved and yes i had thought i would open a thread nearer the time to run along side it maybe.

The idea is to try and help to bring some newbies in to the hobby young or old. So lets see i like your idea too. :geek

After just recently getting my 5 year old daughter into the hobby I find this to be a very interesting idea!

However, I am not on Facebook (and won't be joining anytime soon) and with a hectic family life and a 2 year old as well, this would be just too short a time frame right now.

Best I could hope for over a weekend would be a couple 1 hr bench sessions!

If there was a separate thread on here and a time frame more suitable, I would join up!

Sorry, not looking to be a stick in the mud, just being realistic with the current situation!

Shark no problem thanks for your support. The Facebook part i can understand but please don't be put off.

No one has to finish in the time, just take part, being a father myself i fully understand how impossible it would be complete a project with a 5 year old in a short time frame. But by just taking part enters any family in to the draw.

Thanks Hellios and Lupanzer for your interest hope you can get involved.

I have said this in a reply already but to confirm, just taking part gets people into a draw for a free prize from me. the idea is to bring family together and promote the hobby. With that said as some of us are members of different communities it can also bring those together to. We are so blessed to have a large number of people around the world sharing in the hobby and i just want to celebrate this in an event.

Thanks guys for the support and warm that i have always enjoyed. :geek

Yeah let's just post what we get done over that weekend, no completions required, no startup photos required. Just post it right on this thread. :soldier

Back