• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Snakes in South Carolina

jknaus

Administrator
What kind of snake grows in SC about 3 feet long and all black. Didnt see any markings at all. My Wifes cousin had one crawl out from the engine of their tractoe and slither up the dash. We\re just a bit curious.
James

You got folks in SC?

Most likely it was a rat snake, black racer. They eat varmints so they are not bad to have around but I still scream like a girl when I see one. I have no problem with them other than seeing one. I bet that freaked them out!

Not poisonous.

Non poisonous James , although I can't say which it was . I remember seeing one that stretched across a two lane road many years ago .
Never saw either hand before we ran it over :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

The snake is probably a black racer or indigo, which is a protected species. Black mombas are not black. Only the inside of their mouths are black. Gary S.

The snake is probably a black racer or indigo, which is a protected species.

:blink :blink

Then the ones I've killed were rat snakes...

I appreciate what they do in the world but I'd rather see a cute chipmunk than a snake eating one. :blink

Usually not a chipmunk, they are too fast and quick. Mice on the other hand are munchies by the pound for them.

Don't ask me how I know it was a chipmunk...just don't. :sick:

I appreciate what they do in the world but I'd rather see a cute chipmunk than a snake eating one. :blink

Usually not a chipmunk, they are too fast and quick. Mice on the other hand are munchies by the pound for them.

They might look cute but they really are just tree rats. Ever seen what a chipmunk does to a roof if it gets in there?

They might look cute but they really are just tree rats. Ever seen what a chipmunk does to a roof if it gets in there?

Nope, cause we got Rat Snakes around here... :rotf

Nope, cause we got Rat Snakes around here... :rotf

This would be the infamous Chipmunk . Master Tomas has brought 5 or 6 of them in the house to play with .

So, they are not too fast for the great orange hunter.

YMCA_member_003b.jpg

The said chipmunks have been captured and removed to another neighborhood ( witness protection ).

Cheers, Christian B)

They might taste like punkin pie, but I'll never know (finish the line from the movie)

:coolio

Back