• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Big Smoke NZ question

Doesn't it apply to a number of cities- including London and Johannesburg? I think it refers to post-op Industrial Revolution pollution events....

No, seems to be a city in NZ. I bought the detective show Brokenwood and people refer to the nearest city as the Big Smoke. Just wondered where that was.
The town is ficticious but the scenery is awesome. Just waiting for season 3 to show up. Its right up there with Misommer Murders, Frynie Fisher murders and Death in Paradise as my favorite detective shows.
This one would be like a more fun Columbo. I got it to see if it was any good and we love it.
James

Doesn't it apply to a number of cities- including London and Johannesburg? I think it refers to post-op Industrial Revolution pollution events....
Not Johannesburg its actually not that poluted there with Cape Town beeing our most poluted city when we have windstill days. Only thing when you can call Joburg the Big Smoke is with its weed usage and I think I heard that Durban has much more of that also.

Not Johannesburg its actually not that poluted there with Cape Town beeing our most poluted city when we have windstill days. Only thing when you can call Joburg the Big Smoke is with its weed usage and I think I heard that Durban has much more of that also.

That's what I get for getting my information from Wikipedia brother ;)

Back