• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NOLA bound!

Barney

SWMBO mentioned that she had never been to New Orleans... HINT HINT... and with spring break coming up HINT HINT we are planning to be in New Orleans 28 Mar - 1 Apr

Any good hobby shops? We will be using public transport and are 200 ft from the trolley!

Any suggestion on places to go, eat, drink?

We are hitting the WW2 Museum, that is the only thing I insisted on....

what happens in NOLA, Stays in NOLA :geek

We were in New Orleans Friday for a neurology check up for Ian. The Audubon Zoo and the Aquarium are great. Not to up on where to eat, we're never there that long. I will ask a friend of mine who is from that area though. The cafeteria at Children's Hospital is very good though.

Okay, here are some places to try: French Quarter: Johnny's PoBoys, Mothers, Camellia Grill, Gumbo Shop, Acme Oyster or Felix's, any of the Dickie Brennan restaurants. Also, don't for get to go by Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter for beignets (been-yays) and coffee for breakfast. Also, there is a restaurant called Mulate's. The original was in Breaux Bridge. If this one is anything like the original, you'll get great Cajun food and music.

Just a note, New Orleans isn't in Cajun Country. It is its own atmosphere. One of a blend of French, Spanish and Creole culture. If you want true Cajun food and culture, go west on I-10 about two hours to Lafayette. You will also see the beautiful Atchafalya Basin and Swamp, I-10 goes right through it.

Thanks Everybody for the suggestion... I have talked Carol into a battlefield tour... :yipee :yipee :yipee

Great...now I'm hungry...

Now you understand why all the national studies say Louisiana residents are overweight.

:yipee

not the same but I did have a fish sandwich for lunch. Not really a po'boy but closest I can come to around here.

If you think poboys are good, you should try a pistolette. Image a french bread roll stuffed with various things including crawfish etouffee. And every year we have the local boudin wars. Stuffed boudin balls will make you slap yo momma!

Back