• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Happy Mardi Gras!

Gator

Hey guys. Happy Mardi Gras from the Loup clan. It has been a busy time around our house. Ian is doing fantastic in his first year in middle school. His teacher said that his is surpassing all of the goals she has set for him. Renee is on some new medication and diet for her diabetes and has lost 30 lbs! I haven't been at the bench much because I been working hard to get my mental illness under control. I finally got tired of having toxic people in my life and have left those behind. I'm looking forward to getting back to the bench and posting on the forum.

IMG_0314_zpspr09mq2p.jpg

IMG_0318_zpsai8gyzmy.jpg

KENNY! Was wondering where you had dissappeared to. Glad things are going good. (y)

I have been doing some creative work, just not on models. I supervise the sign production department for the parish Public Works Department. The parish has two maintenance facilities, one on the east side of the parish, the other on the west. Every month they put out letter size safety posters. The problem is that there is no budget to purchase safety posters, so the ladies in the office have resort to grabbing ones off of the internet and hope they look presentable. About 7 months ago I started drawing the posters for them. I did take illustration classes many moons ago when I was in college. I started off using illustration markers and pens and then the wife got me an iPad Pro and Apple pencil for Christmas. Now everything is done on my iPad.

A%20Bad%20Wire%20Starts%20Fires_zps8bfu4psx.jpg

Pre%20trip%20check%20list_zpsm0blcjwx.jpg

Communicate_zpsxpd4yog5.jpg

Safety Posters

Very cool Kenny, you could be doing some freelance with that sort of stuff. (y)

If I did that, I would have to give something up, like making masks and Gator Glue. This is fun for me. I get a month to work on each one between my other tasks. I've even been asked to do some Disney Cars type characters with the various pieces of equipment Public Works uses.

IMG_0326_zpsfhxyfujk.jpg

Back