• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dream time, what's yours?

ausf

Master at Arms
Putting aside world peace and all that type of stuff.

Watching the Budzik videos, the man really is living what I consider the modeler's dream. He has time, talent and the very best of every piece of gear/tools you could ever dream of.

So, if you had unlimited funds, not Warren Buffett money, but enough that you and your offspring are guaranteed a comfortable existance, what would it be? I say not Buffett money because it seems when you get to the level you just get caught up in wanting more. So, enough money where you didn't have to work or manage your cash, didn't have to cook, clean or any other domestic chore unless you want to (I don't think I'd ever not want to cook, but the kitchen equipment would cost more than my current house).

For me, I'd seriously love to live on a bluff in Maine overlooking the North Atlantic with an incredible shop with every tool available. I would normally say on the Big Island of Hawaii, but I'd never want to be inside, so I'd reserve that for 3-4 months out of the year. Believe it or not, it would get boring day in day out, but with a shop in a beautiful locale but sketchy weather, I'd revel in the nice days and be at the bench on the bad ones.

I really can't think of a better day than spending a few hours creating something, followed by an evening with my wife and kids or close friends.

I'm with you on the cottage overlooking the sea...We have this picture in the guest bathroom we got at a garage sale that pretty much sums up the dream place pretty well...

IMG_20170225_082150920-1024x576.jpg

However...There's a part of me that wants to just rip up roots and find some small village with a good pub in Ireland or rural England and just live the life of a hobbit...Modeling, eating, and drinking ;)

40 acres and a mule is what I'd want. Nice pasture land, raise some livestock and enough room for my Bride to have all the dogs she can find. Big ol' house with shade trees, out back next to the smoke house would be my shop with the same tools you have Jeff.

Easy 10 hectares that has its own water source Nice off grid house with a visitors cabin Adam Savages work studio (Including all the stuff he has made) and somebody to look after my veg gardens and animals when I go visit America and Europe. Not too much to ask is it :D

However...There's a part of me that wants to just rip up roots and find some small village with a good pub in Ireland or rural England and just live the life of a hobbit...Modeling, eating, and drinking ;)

You'd have to learn to drive on the wrong side of the road. :frantic

I've got all I ever wanted right here. I just would like to not to have to run with the rodents daily. Oh yeah, and be able to see out both eyes. :coolio

If I finally found the JoHan 1/72 Scale P-40B/C kit, my "Eleanor" Model Kit quest would be at an end.
I only use a dozen or so of my myriad tools. Garage/Model workshop, to make all my TLAR Models ideas come true, get my vehicles out of the weather, and move all the Model stuff into the shop. I'd have a pretty roomy house if my airplane/ship stuff had a place of it's own.

Would Lunch, just one more time, with my Momma Or Gramma, God rest them, count I wunda? :love

Hmm, I would probably sell the office, move the detached garage closer to the house and attach it. I would heat the drive way, hire a gardener, redo the man cave a bit and buy a schwimwagen. I already live where I want to, but a lake house/ hunting camp further north would be fun.

Somewhere on an island beach with my house close enough to be able to step off the porch into the sand.

A house in Napa Valley where I could have a vineyard and an olive grove

$200K is all I need to get my dream of retiring so I can try and enjoy life before I am too crippled up. While working pays the bills it isn't doing me any favors. Maybe then I could actually build something.
James

We love it here in Southwest Louisiana. We would get a nice size piece of land and build a house and the kennel/dog rescue my wife has always wanted. I just want a new-to-me pickup truck.

I would love to have a house....period. Especially one with enough bedrooms that I could take two, or possibly three and knock down the walls to make one giant Hobby Room. Or, it could have a 500+ square-foot basement below that would serve as my Hobby Bunker. Having this on the beach or by a lake would be sweet, but I'm not picky as long as it is big enough.

Harrumph, Duke! I work in a lot of new Homes. What gets me most is Basement envy. :facepalm

I already live where I want to... and after 56 changes of mailing address, I am not moving again.

Of course, I would really like a space to mess around in that isn't shared with everyone and their sister... maybe a place in the sun for those long cold winter nights...

And maybe a home on the Rockies... on a well stocked lake...

Nothing too much. :coolio

Back