• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WNW back in stock at Sprue Bros

Oh man.

I know I won't be able to get to it, I have so much stuff to do, but that Sop is sweet and the WNW Albie was such a pleasure to build.

Okay, I've talked myself into a Sop Cam.

Which one?

I have no bias towards country or origin, just want the best bang for my $80+. Any particular kit have more to it? A better or more interesting engine or any extras?

Or just cool it general?

I'm way out of my wheelhouse with AC, let alone WWI AC.

There isn't a lot of difference between the variants. The BR.1 engine was a British development of the Clerget engine. The Le Rhone engine was license (or copied?) built by Germany as the Oberursel. The USAS boxing includes both the Clerget and Gnome engines. The 2F.1 Ships Camel has the single Vickers cowl gun and the over wing Lewis.

The Wingnut Wings site has the instructions and colour schemes for each kit - Wingnut Wings.

Cheers,
Rich

Barker Clerget engined bird does come with the red devil for Barkers a/c right side gun. Otherwise they are close to the same. F2 is a bit different as it is a shipboard version.
James

I just wanted the LVG, the Camel was a bonus. Have not really looked at the instructions from over at WNW site yet. If shipping goes as usual from Sprue Bros I should have it Thursday.

Really need to lighten my 1/48 kit load. Have a bunch that need to go to some good homes.

Not moving quite as fast as the first batch, however the Roland, Camel BR.1, Camel USAS, Camel Clerget and Camel/LVG kits are now gone.

Cheers,
Rich

As of last night the only kits still in stock were the DH,9a "Ninak", The Sopwith F.1 Camel "Le Rhone", and the Sopwith 2F.1 "Ships Camel". The "Ships Camel" could be interesting as it is different than the others and has some extra parts (I believe James said). That is all that is in stock at the moment.

They might also have gotten a larger order in this time.

Still will be waiting for the Taube!

Back