• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Books

Old Dog

My library is over flowing and I need to clear some shelf space. I've looked at options and not found any I like. Sell on ebay... to much hassle. Donate to a library... seems library's don't want books anymore, go figure. Half price books... a number of restrictions that seemed like a hassle to me, especially the number you can take in at one time considering the distance I need to travel to get to one. A charity had a drop box locally but they were delinquent in keeping it emptied and more than once books set out in the weather awaiting pick up. The box was recently removed.

So I'm asking the question if anyone here would be interested. I belonged to a military book club back in the 70s and some but not all I accumulated from them. All are non fiction and way too many to list here but if there is interest I would post them up on a web page. I have read them all but doubt that I'll read them again. Most have dust jackets and just shelf ware. Here is a sample of some of the titles:

Operation Overflight - Gary Powers

Dual of Eagles - Peter Townsend

The Blonde Knight of Germany

Heros of the Sunlit Sky (WWI)

Unarmed and Unafraid

The Wartime Journals of Charles Lindbergh

Mig Pilot

Zero - Martin Caiden

I also have a fair number of naval related books.

I'm not looking to make money on these and would only ask compensation for the shipping. My other option at this point would be to toss them.

I also have a few aircraft specific monographs that I have managed to duplicate over the years and would like to sell. These would be priced below their original cost.

Your feed back would be appreciated.

I would be interested in :

Heros of the Sunlit Sky (WWI)

The Blonde Knight of Germany

Could you pm me what you would like for them plus shipping to Alberta?
James

A webpage would definitely be cool...I like WWII naval aviation stuff as well as WWI stuff...

OK, not an overwhelming response but sort of what I expected, I guess with all the internet has to offer and all the digital reading devices real hold in your hand books are not that popular anymore. That said I'll go ahead and put up a page of listings in a few days with titles and authors and if the title isn't a clue a brief description of what the book is about.

James, you have first dibs on the books you mentioned but I'll wait until the list is up before getting you a postage quote in case there is something else that you might be interested in. I'll post here when the list goes up.

I LOVE a Book! How much is the Lindbergh Wartime Journal? I'm in the middle of James D. Hornfisher's "The Fleet at Flood Tide" WWII USN chronicle. 5-Stars!!

OK, the list has been posted here book give away

I may add to the list as I reorganize my library. I also expect to have some monographs and reference books to sell but I'll list those in the trading post.

Back