• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Update my "Gallery"

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Had a road trip for work on Thursday. Stopped by Fort Riley on the way back. Tried to get some pictures of some of the vehicles there, but the area was closed for construction. So I shot what I could from over the fence. Neat stuff there. M16A1, M24, M4A3 late 75mm, M36, M8, M20, M16 times 2. I went and put what I have as photos in my gallery. Maybe someone can use something from it. I'll have to plan a day trip this summer to see everything again. I found a way in through a hole in the fence, but really did not want to get caught out there while I was in uniform.

If I may, here's a teaser and link to Sherm's gallery. Great shots btw.

That's a unique looking shield, Ken what is that?

Wow, I would love to spend some time there! :blink Fort Riley is in Kansas right? Can anyone stop and look at those displays?

I would need a few memory cards for the camera on that stop...

an M16A1 and an M16A2! :gogo

Thanks!

Yes Ken Fort Riley is in Kansas. Home the "Big Red One". It is 50 miles west of Topeka. Very nice place. A lot of the buildings are made out of Sandstone. This "summer" (that is what the sign said) the construction is to be done around where the vehicles are. I went to the see the M36 and the Sherman. The half tracks were a big surprise and very much welcomed. As far as I know the base is open to the public. I went in my patrol truck and they just waved me in. I believe all you need is a DL and vehicle insurance to get in. I'm for sure going back this summer.

I hope I can save up enough scratch to plan a long weekend trip out there myself. With a long time, professional vagabond for a wife (she has family in Ohio, up state New York, Minnesota and New Jersey and visits them fairly regularly) it wouldn't be all too hard to pull off aside from the money issue.

I have seen the interior fittings arrangement of an M16A1 and have lots of photos but I would love to see the inside of that M16A2 to see what/if other changes were applied as a result of adding that rear armor with the door. Even if they wouldn't let me inside it in my stocking feet, I would gladly get on my hands and knees and let my wife stand on my back to hold the camera over the sides...

B)

Ken hear you there on that on. I'll pm you before I go back this summer to try to get some photos of what you would like.

Moon Puppy - Thank you for putting up the teaser and thinking for me :)

Back