TOPIC: Newest Paul Budzik videos

Newest Paul Budzik videos 08 Apr 2017 21:04 #97

The newest. Its another camera issue.

James
  • jknaus
  • jknaus
  • Air Marshall
    Air Marshall

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Newest Paul Budzik videos 09 Apr 2017 12:42 #98

I can't overstate how helpful this man is. I know the info comes off as overly detailed, etc, but every single time I watch something, I learn from it.

Mind you, I was a film major, I think I know my way around a camera. I have a very expensive animation program that has a live view cinematography option where you completely control the camera via your computer. Every single time I use it, I wish I could do the same for regular camera use.

Now I watch his video and not only is he using the same camera I've had for years, but he pops up the program of my dreams that I didn't know existed, yet is free from Canon. 10 minutes later, I have it on my computer. I use a remote trigger, but didn't even know mirror lock was a thing, there's zero mention in the manual, yet a few minutes on google, my Canon has the feature. Holy exposure Batman, in a few minutes on a Sunday morning, he's once again changed my game. And this time it didn't cost me $200-300 in tool purchases.
  • ausf
  • ausf
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
What, me worry?

Newest Paul Budzik videos 09 Apr 2017 14:18 #99

Those that use the programs and know how to dig through the menus can teach even the software companies a thing or 2. I personally use some little point and click Nikons and over the years have managed to make them do a lot of stuff they shouldn't be capable of doing.

For finding my photos on the computer I use an ancient program called Firehand Ember. It is so old it is maybe even a 16bit software. The guy that wrote it died about 10 years ago but it still works as it always did even on my Win 8.1 machine.

For basic editing I use Canvas version 10. The current version (2017) they destroyed one of my main tools and made it about 5 times more difficult to do the stuff I easily do in the old version. (abolutely STUPID software company :smack :smack :smack ) They have been trying to sell it at a discount and it isn't flying.

Another program I used to use was Picture Publisher. They did a complete revision on it and I have not used the newere one but a handful of times as it is also more difficult to use. :bangs head

Newest Paul Budzik videos 03 May 2017 07:24 #100

Another good one just released.

Kames
  • jknaus
  • jknaus
  • Air Marshall
    Air Marshall

Newest Paul Budzik videos 03 May 2017 09:30 #101

Somewhat helpful, at least in understanding some of the terms but a lot of it went way over my head. Wow, I loved the stacking feature and remote controlling it from the computer but my 15 year old digital doesn't have remote inputs and at my age :oldguy I can't justify spending the dough it cost to get one that can be.
  • Old Dog
  • Old Dog
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

Newest Paul Budzik videos 03 May 2017 09:34 #102

Old Dog wrote:
Somewhat helpful, at least in understanding some of the terms but a lot of it went way over my head. Wow, I loved the stacking feature and remote controlling it from the computer but my 15 year old digital doesn't have remote inputs and at my age :oldguy I can't justify spending the dough it cost to get one that can be.

Garry, I totally agree with your sentiments . I would also say that if I was making money at this, it might justify the expense .

Cheers, Christian B)

Newest Paul Budzik videos 03 May 2017 10:58 #103

It's all great info, but the c'mon, his shift tilt lens is well north of $2K.

I have live view remote control on my Canon, but I think to shift focus I'd need a servo control for the lens. At least that's what's required for the animation programs, you can change the setting, but you can't rotate the lens without, well, rotating the lens.

Even manual stacking is going to require so much time (and expensive software) that at least for my purposes just taking different angles or more closeups is a better choice.

I love his videos, but sometimes I think he's pushing the envelope into professional caliber fields, well beyond a hobby.
  • ausf
  • ausf
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
What, me worry?

Newest Paul Budzik videos 03 May 2017 12:30 #104

I know guys like him - over the top OCD, and must have the best of the best, regardless of cost.
  • JSteinman
  • JSteinman
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
  • alt
"In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security.
They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all - security,
comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again."
- Edward Gibbon

Newest Paul Budzik videos 03 May 2017 13:00 #105

Yeah , maybe . I have found many helpful tips in his tutorials but I'm to the point that I don't believe he knows all of this.
I think someone is doing research and he's reading the teleprompter .

That does not take away from the gathered facts but in the end :coolio I have models to build

Newest Paul Budzik videos 03 May 2017 13:02 #106

I use F32-40 and 4 to 8 seconds for the exposures and think I get pretty good results with my Pentax K-5. I use Corel Photopaint and the unsharp mask once in awhile. One downside of long exposures and small apertures is that every single dust particle shows up and has to be cloned out, so you will spend more money keeping the sensor clean. I hear people talking about macro lenses for model photography but I can't see that they have any benefit.

Focus stacking might be nice if I was trying to shoot magazine cover photos. Wouldn't any camera with autofocus be able to work with stacking software?
  • jeaton01
  • jeaton01
  • Company Commander
    Company Commander
John
My modeling website, lots of build photos.
http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.htm
Last Edit: 03 May 2017 13:03 by jeaton01.

Newest Paul Budzik videos 03 May 2017 13:37 #107

jeaton01 wrote:
Wouldn't any camera with autofocus be able to work with stacking software?

You would still have to tell the camera where you want it to focus.
  • ausf
  • ausf
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
What, me worry?

Newest Paul Budzik videos 03 May 2017 16:06 #108

I use a couple of high resolution "point and click" Nikons for most of my hobby photos. They have pretty small lenses and I always take 2 to 4 shots per each setup. That more than anything else helps with getting clear shots to use in my posts. There is almost always one bad fuzzy shot from me moving or poor autofocus. Also usually have one decent shot.

Yeah I end up with a lot of photos in the build file but I delete the real bad ones to save space. Then to keep from having to dig through all those photos each time, I create a "Used" folder which the ones I am finished with go into. Handy, but out of the way. That way each new posting set only has a few images to deal with that are current. Keeps it simple. If I do need an older photo out of the "Used" folder I use my Firehand Ember photo organising software to find it and move it back up from the "Used" folder.

Most of the editing then is in my older version of Canvas (version 10). Version 16 is horrible a total fail and 17 is only a slight bit better. Neither work as well as 10 due to things that were changed for the MUCH worse or due to tools removed. :vmad :bangs head :vmad :bangs head

The tools for editing photos are mainly Crop, Brightness/Contrast, an occasional sharpen, and in cases with some found small reference photos That I want to make larger Blur-Average and Blur-Gausian smooth the pisxlation and turn it into a decent photo.

The best results I get are mostly from the Brightness/Contrast tool.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds