• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BRONCO WEB SITE

RoyBatty

First off, sorry if this has been brought up somewhere before, but I have a bad back at pres and can't spend too long sitting at the computer to check. My query is, does anyone else find Bronco's web site PAINFULLY slow? I went there the other night, after 5 minutes it was still loading, went away for another 10 and it still hadn't loaded! So I left it. Now admittedly my PC is no Ferrari, but I don't have to wait that kind of time for any other sites.

http://www.bronco-model.com/en/index.asp

Loaded pretty zippy for me. I have 5mg DSL at home.

Hi Roy.

I don't know what to tell you. It took me all of about 1 1/2 seconds to load it. But that is from a 15 megabyte cable connection. I would think that the connection or computer you have might be the culprit. So. . . . . I might suggest you get an idea of what you are working with, so you know how unhappy you should be when things like this happen. Try this to see what you have.

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/​

And there is also the possibility that you just happened to hit the site at a bad time, and it was their site being temporarily overwhelmed at the time you were trying, and not your computer. Especially if you don't have problems like that with any other sites.

Gary B)

Well like I said, this old box here is well behind current specs (to such a degree I'm too ashamed to give any details :blush: ), but I recently added more memory and it's been doing generally better with almost all other things. But this speed prob has happened everytime I visit Bronco. My suspicious-conspiracy theory mind tells me it's 'cos I'm in Japan and THEY are in China. If I recall correctly, a couple of years ago, the cops here were given a free slate to snoop on anyone's internet activity if they felt it might be of interest to them. But that could just be the Phillip K. Dick in me.

That could well be a factor. If your computer is really out of date there may be some java or other programing language your system is trying to process that it just doesn't know how to handle. There's a lot of graphics on that site also. I would do some general maintenance on your PC just to make sure. I've suggested CCleaner to get that deep clean shine on your system. It clears out cache data and cookies and all sorts of stuff that computers leave sitting around. Just google ccleaner and follow the bouncing ball. Best part is it's free.

Yeah I have CCleaner and use it (along with their Defreggler) at least once a week. All the little doodads like Java, Flash Player, etc are up to date. And like I say, it's the only site that takes so long to load. Hopefully in the near future I'll be getting a nice, brand-new box of wires, so that might solve the problem.

If that's the case I think there may be a problem between point A and Point B. Point A being your computer and Point B being Bronco website. How does other Chinese websites load for you? Like Trumpeter? http://www.trumpeter-china.com/

Sorry for the late reply, I had back trouble and couldnt spend too much time on the computer. I tried your link to Trumpeter and there was no problem, quick an easy. Its still just the Bronco site. Ahh well, never mind. Its not a that big a deal.

What browser are you using? If IE then try Firefox and if Firefox try IE. Also the version could affect it too. As web programming evolves it is causing some problems as various browsers dont all act the same. That might be all it is.
James

Im using Firefox and always do. My version is several updates behind but this old box cant handle the newer versions, I tried. Hopefully I should be getting the money for a whole brand new spanking one soon. Ill give IE a try and see how it goes, thanks for the tip.

Well I tried IE and it was even worse than Firefox! So slow I gave up after 11 minutes and nothing happening. Guess Ill just have to hurry up and get a new one.

Back