• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 Gray Camouflage Update

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Hey gang! Chris found an ad for this kit in a magazine at our August club meeting and I HAD to have one! My new friend, Greg Tost ordered some from his vendor, but being impatient, I ordered one from Ebay too. Why is it when you aren't in a hurry for a kit, it always comes in at record speed? :idonno This kit came from Hong Kong to my door step in six, yes, SIX days! I didn't want to start it until I had some of my current projects were finished and I managed to hold out until today. :rotf The kit is from Das Werk, in cooperation with Amusing Hobby and has a relatively low parts count. I wanted something to continue my idea of the ETO 1946, this fills the bill nicely. What's in the box??

h9071d23.JPG

Three sprues of parts and a decal sheet.

hab25c38.JPG

h0443f57.JPG

h0443f57.JPG

he39c730.JPG

The decals have several numerals and unit markings, I'll be adding a unit of my own. :hmmm :eek:hyeah

This is a small vehicle, meant to be manned by a crew of two.

h81676f0.JPG

h6284c94.JPG

I added some texture to the muffler, just for grins.

heef6468.JPG

Everything is crisply molded and relatively free of flash.

hba45914.JPG

h357246f.JPG

The antenna base was an exception, it didn't look the part, so I replaced it. I also ruined two of the lifting point, so I made brass replacements.

hc42b0a7.JPG

h73d8aed.JPG

Next up, tracks! Thanks for coming by, lots more to come.

:drinks

Das Werk Panzerkleinzerstorer "Rutscher" ETO 1946

Interesting little kit Mike. Is it loosely based on any design or just something that someone came up with.

Very nice and interesting, Mike :good: ... following :popcorn

Luiz.

Man that thing is tiny!

Being a sci-fi kind a person I really love the idea of what would have happened if the war with Germany/Japan had continued. What the new technology coming up would have looked like in a combat roll instead of the post war/cold war environment.

I have some Allied airpower ideas along these lines. This would really cool to get in on.

(y)

Let's do it, a mini campaign? Maybe turn into something bigger? :hmmm :eek:hyeah

Thanks guys! This started out to be as out of the box as I could stand, but I found out Voyager makes a PE set. Sooooo...
:pinch:
:mpup

Stay tuned, more to come.

Thanks guys! This started out to be as out of the box as I could stand, but I found out Voyager makes a PE set. Sooooo...
:pinch:
:mpup

Stay tuned, more to come.

Down the rabbit hole you go! :popcorn

That's where the rabbits are. B)

That's where the rabbits are. B)

Watch out for Hrududu.

Non-Watership down fans:
Hrududu is the Lapine term for anything with an engine or motor. This includes everything from cars on a road to farm tractors. The word "Hrududu" comes from the sound that the motor makes.

Lord Frith will smile on you, in a Wehrmacht fashion! Borgward with fangs! BAAAHH_WOOOOooooo!!
Need more decals?!
:ro: :drinks :drool

Back