• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D3A1 Val, Hasegawa 1/48

Old Dog

I had the camera set up today so decided to go ahead and post start photos even though it may be a week or two before I get cranking. This is the kit I'm going to build

d3a1box.jpg

And the obligatory start photos...

d3a1-start01.jpg

d3a1-start02.jpg

For after market I have a CMK cockpit which I didn't buy for this kit, I intended to use it to cobble up an interior on the Nichimo Jake but when Lone Star came out with one I decided to use it here.

d3a1am1.jpg

And an Eduard photo etch set.

d3a1am2.jpg

Decals have markings for one aircraft from the Akagi and one from the Kaga. I may end up substituting the national markings from another sheet as the decals are the older Hasegawa type with the white being more of a cream color.

Excellent Gary... a kit I've always wanted but never had so looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Ian.

Excellent choice- built that one a while back OOB...looking forward to seeing it decked out with all the extras!

That's a nice kit, I built one awhile back, too. I used the kit canopy in the open position and some vac parts would have been more delicate looking.

Back