• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dueling Daves Double Dauntless Dash

razordws

:fencing :fencing

So, as some of you know that Pesky South Efriken likes to do buddy builds as a challenge to see who can [strike]build a kit the fastest[/strike] finish a build. :hmmm :idonno

This time up is the SBD Dauntless and this will be my entry. Got a long weekend coming up so hope to get some bench time inbetween mountain bike trips and yard work. Though with all the forest fire smoke in the area right now I might just not go outside at all.

I have a sheet of early star roundels without the bar or the red bullseye to replace the kit ones for the fuselage which don't match the Midway time frame. the wing roundels should be fine. I'm hoping that the kit unit markings will work though it seems some of the Midway aircraft just had the aircraft number with no unit markings. Kit is 1/72.

01Dauntless.jpg

SADave will jump in with his build when the mood strikes him... :pp

Flurry of Dauntlesses in the Midway campaign.....as it should be! :laugh:

I hope to have mine started up soonish.....maybe? :smack

First to post progress shots. :pp

Basic cockpit but not as basic as the airfix kit. Added some tamiya tape seat belts.

h8469251.jpg

hf5d4795.jpg

Hope to give this a wash tonight and complete the major assembly. :pilot

Finally had some time and energy to move this forward a bit. Canopy masked and a coat of primer. If I'm lucky I'll get some more paint on it today.

h85b2f63.jpg

h7292ae7.jpg

Dammit Dammit dammit I better get my hiney in gear Looking great so far mate

Muwahahahaha! :evil: :pp :pp

Thanks Duke, Warren, Pup and Christian. :drinks

Colors are on. Going to clear coat it before going to bed tonight and decals tomorrow hopefully.

hfab4200.jpg

h633dd5d.jpg

Back