• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #2 - Dragon Sdkfz 166 Brumbar

razordws

This is the Dragon 1/72 kit. Won't be the same pace as my first build. :silly: :gogo

Lots of detail in this kit but very fiddly and vague instruction manual.

hbb2eda5.jpg

h2257ca2.jpg

You finished yet?

Have you started yet? :pp
Not really Daddy's taxi service keeps me bussy

So glad I'm past the Daddy taxi service days. Though the husband taxi service is alive and well.

So progress pics to show y'all I'm not slacking. Still have to hang all the brackets for the side plates and fix the gap in the front armor plate then we'll be ready for some paint.

I mentioned earlier that the instructions were vague. I'll edit that by saying the instructions are downright misleading. A couple pieces have the part number labelled wrong and two important pieces aren't even mentioned in the instructions. :idonno

hd3e581a.jpg

haa416e0.jpg

That is sweet! Way to go man; this is one Dragon Braille Scale kit I've never built. Looking forward to seeing more.

That gap in front went away! Good job!
I'm always astounded that Tank models get put almost all the way together before paint hits them. :idonno
Er siet GroBartig aus!

I'm always astounded too Rhino. However, that is not the way I usually do it. Especially with this one and the side skirts. Road wheels were painted separate too because of the way Dragon molded the hub separate from the wheels.

Anyway, here she is in her separate assemblies with the base coat. Road wheels were glued on after paint.

hdd0f861.jpg

And her she is dry fitted back together. I'll glue everything after the tracks are on. A few more fiddly bit to add after I'm done manhandling it.

h24bcc97.jpg

h270e12b.jpg

Tracks and fiddly bits are all on. Just the whip antennae to go on at the very end. Camo went on relatively smoothly. Love it when the airbrush mostly cooperates. :D

h31545ba.jpg

h4f28c24.jpg

h1fb8442.jpg

Just finished putting a clear coat on (after these photos were taken). Decals and a wash tonight and I should be able to wrap it up tomorrow.

Back