• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vichy Dewoitine D.520 1/72-Capt. Le Gloan - DONE!

Flyingbabydoc

Hello friends,

I could not stay away from this campaign - this is my scale!

I will be building another Hasegawa Dewoitine D.520 in 1/72 with some extras: an engine Set and a fuselage fuel tank from CMK and the complete Detail set from the Polish Detail Set Company.

This airplane is the same one Capt. Le Gloan flew in 1940 from Le Luc and shot down 5 Italian airplanes within 15 minutes. The D.520 Number 277 was then converted to the Primary Vichy Colours with Engine and rudder painted in yellow. Only afterwards the occupation stripes (like the one I have presented at Wesendorf Field) were introduced.

Here the preliminary Pictures. Thanks for watching!

h5afac9d.JPG

hffd0cd1.JPG

h3040ac2.JPG

h15b595e.JPG

hff2d9b4.JPG

h9c0f646.JPG

Cheers!

Alex

Vichy Dewoitine D.520 1/72 - Capt. Le Gloan

Thanks guys... Let's see what Comes out of this one.

In any case I am in a French mood so if this doesn't pan out I will get another ugly French airplane to build.

Nice Weekend everyone.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks guys... Let's see what Comes out of this one.

In any case I am in a French mood so if this doesn't pan out I will get another ugly French airplane to build.

Nice Weekend everyone.

Cheers

Alex

Go Alex :good: If you have to search for one, it shouldn't be too hard . The D.520 is the only one that's not ugly :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Always thought this was slick looking aircraft. :popcorn

Thanks everyone. I hope not to disappoint you.
I was actually being cynical about the French planes I actually like them very much. Even those which seem ugly for most have a special appeal to me. I love the MS.406 and the Potez series. I have been tinkering with these French planes for a while, I will post a few pics of you would like - they were not MA material but still lots of fun to build. Pity I only have them in my laptop at home.
I am on call the whole weekend so no progress but as soon as i get some time I will work on the Dewoitine. I only got the base coat on and nothing more until now. I better hurry I know!
Cheers and thanks again,
Alex

Hello all,

No Progress on the Dewoitine I am getting a bit scared on the Deadline. But this Weekend should be better (I hope).

As promised, here are some of my Pictures on French planes. I really like them, they are so... unusual. They were not MA material so I haven't shown them before but.. what the heck.

Here are:

Morane-Saulnier Ms.406C1 (French + Vichy)

hb1d1b57.JPG

hc733426.JPG

Morane-Saulnier 3800 (Swiss)

h3d00857.JPG

h21a3f72.JPG

Potez 630 (French pre-war)

hcd5860c.JPG

hab798d3.JPG

Breguet 693

h5d26357.JPG

Bloch Mb.174 (Vichy)

h6c55393.JPG

Dewoitine D.520 (French)

ha51618d.JPG

Cheers

Alex

2 weeks and I haven't even started one. I got something so let's git'er done Dr Alex!

Go Alex (y) Quite the collection of French birds .

French things to me are generally not pretty but always attractive in some way ( Go figure ) . Unfortunately , they have not been well represented by manufacturers over the year .

I have always found the Swiss airplanes are attractive but I'm not sure why (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice choice Alex! I am looking forward to seeing more on this.

I never started this as I was woefully unprepared for this. I'll sit this one out, but I'll watch everything with great interest.

Thank you Bob, Mark and Christian.

I finally got my game together and did some work on the Dewoitine. Always trying to be take down a notch on tne weathering. I think it is better than before. What do you think?

Cockpit, engine, fuel tank and some other bits

Cheers

Alex

h4ccd1d3.JPG

h34d8c5a.JPG

hdb7ed9c.JPG

ha7195b0.JPG

hdf7ca5b.JPG

h4e46c73.JPG

h79bfc48.JPG

h7eb8f09.JPG

h3c8c092.JPG

h57702c5.JPG

ha930ebe.JPG

h0b0cc36.JPG

Looks better Alex , although some of the cockpit could still use a bit more cleaning in places .

Good detail (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

You are right master, specially the starboard side. Just cleaned it will let it dry and make a few more pics

Cheers

Pictures reveal so much more than even the magnified eyesight :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

You are absolutely right. Still, being it a 1/72 kit I guess there is only so much you can go into Detail - if you look at the Pictures the plastic is already very thick... Also, it is brush painted! I am proud on how I could get the paint Dilution as far as I did. ;)

:dude

You certainly do magnificent work with such basic tools. Most impressive job Doc!

Looking good Alex! It's hard to pack all that detail into such a tiny aircraft but you're doing a wonderful job. (y) (y) :popcorn

Back