• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JAGDTIGER - 1:100 SCALE ZVEZDA — FINISHED!!!

iambrb

OK so I wanted something small & this is definitely it!

hde4387a.jpg

h46fe7cc.jpg

h6e3a82e.jpg

Also thought it would be helpful to have some reference pics. I note that some of these have parts of their fenders missing, so I may have to do that:

h5f56f9f.jpg

hf173b98.jpg

h2e18321.jpg

hb770c3a.jpg

h8a5d5e6.jpg

h1aab70b.jpg

and finally, a few potential camo patterns:

h3b7db6d.jpg

h707f1d6.jpg

h4834ad6.jpg

h3cb2048.jpg

h6f56cae.jpg

While I would really like to do the 'disc' pattern on this, there just may not be enough room to get it on there, as this thing is just that small! I would really like to at least get that first 3-color pattern on it, but if not, I am pretty sure I will go with that 2nd white/German Red pattern, only time will tell.

Hey Eric, this is a going to be an opportunity to practice your "less is more" advice!!!

JAGDTIGER - 1:100 SCALE ZVEZDA

So here it is with about an hour's worth of work. Looks pretty neat! It is mostly pre-fit and pressed together, the upper and lower plus the sides are not on permanently yet, hence the gaps. Note that I cut away some of the fenders as you can see in the reference photos.

h3a1f0b9.jpg

h3e6a295.jpg

The only weakness are the tracks, which have very little detail, plus a fat seam, as you can see here (note the wheels which conversely have very good detail):

h54e834a.jpg

Finally, for size reference, here it is beside an Exacto knife and a bottle of Model Masters paint:

h82650f0.jpg

h64e5e4c.jpg

So that is likely it for now. I like this little guy! I just have to figure out how to mud the tracks just enough to show a lack of detail, but it should work out to be a pretty interesting little guy. I likely cannot post more until after IPMS Atlanta this weekend, till then!

Great Choice Bruce! :popcorn :coolio

I'm thinking this thread should be in the micro model month thread though and not the Campaign HQ?

Might I suggest thinning the leading edges of the skirt armor to a more scale thickness? Using a file on the track seam will be tedious, but will improve the appearance. :soldier

Dude I thought it was in the right place! My life in a nutshell!

Ok so here is where this sets. I managed to get some final assembly done today:

h19ef041.JPG

h353e4bd.JPG

You can see where I had to use the last of my rapidly hardening Tamiya Putty to close some gaps. Otherwise, it was a clean build, but you can tell the lack of detail on those tracks will have to be dealt with before I am truly done.
So next up was some paint. I promise there's a tank under all that silly putty!

hdf49872.JPG

The Green & Yellow were provided by Tamiya. the Red is the AK Primer paint...and it sucks!

h3c2f956.JPG

h1b6f00b.JPG

he565969.JPG

The AK primer red was the right color, but was so fragile that the silly putty pulled up a lot of the primer as you can see. Here is a pic of the offender:

h3546f2f.JPG

I include it mostly as a reminder of what to avoid when looking for paint.

So I have touch-up on the red to do, and the detail paint for sure, but it is well on it's way and looking rather nice I think!

Here is basic & detail paint:

h019b45f.JPG

h6156d8a.JPG

hd2efafa.JPG

h82dc070.JPG

Will soon move to the weathering (have some work to do on those bloody tracks), but I have to give the house princess some attention, as she is shooting her best pose at me

h02b19d8.JPG

Hope to most more thru the day, as i will be traveling for part of next week!

Loooks good to me, the weathering should pull it together nicely
:v

Well I took time to cut some carrots and small taters and canned 'shrooms, and put them over some chicken that I had dredged in a mix of flour, salt & pepper, then with a bit of broth, it sent into the crock pot for tonite (a guy has to feed his wife, you know)

h521393b.JPG

And then I got rolling. Inspiration took over, & here she be!

h201d4f2.JPG

h37a1fb5.JPG

h4ecd1cb.JPG

h2a39125.JPG

h9f3591a.JPG

hcb83990.JPG

hbad73df.JPG

hcecd3c5.JPG

h23af50b.JPG

h26d13f5.JPG

h6a83a25.JPG

So those last two give a pretty good size comparison. I REALLY like it, and hope you do as well!

Back