• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 T-72AV

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I tried this before a couple years ago for the micro build. The farthest I made it was getting the parts out of the bag.

Since no parts were cut from the spruces or any glue applied I think it is good for another try. Maybe even get one out of the stash.

As before I just love the look of the Syrian T-72AV. There is a lot of YouTube videos of them running wild in the streets of cities and town I can't spell or pronounce.

Start picture

IMG_1506.JPG

:good:

Thanks guys

My stopping point tonight

Cut up the right and left side skirts

IMG_1509.JPG

Turret together, puttied, sanded and casting texture added

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

Since I hacked up the side skirts I needed to fill the space under the upper hull, I used scrap styrene I had.

IMG_1512.JPG

Cleaned up the flash on the lower hull.

IMG_1514.JPG

This rocks! Right on Sherm! This model has been on my wish list for awhile, I'm thrilled to watch this come together. Bring it home man!

Though I much prefer 1/35 scale, I may have to build this! Your build in particular is very neat and clean, really enjoying it!!!

Thanks guys.

Been a little tough around here balancing work and time with softball girl lately.

Plugging away on this.

IMG_1543.JPG

Have the side skirts done. I ended up thinning the back side and tearing the plastic for damage. Probably just should have made the rubber part of the skirt out of thin styrene. Then for the blocks had to sand down the big one part, cutting the blocks out.

IMG_1542.JPG

Knocked off the search light on the turret and still can't find it :idonno I damaged more of the fuel tanks and storage boxes on the hull. Still need to make head light guards. Then maybe paint?

IMG_1541.JPG

That's it for this update.

Back