• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hawker Siddley Harrier GR.1

RichB

Ready for depature. :snoopy

h2b94100.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

So, as is customary with aircraft kits, we begin by modifying the fuselage.(And you thought is was going to say cockpit.) There are a few fixes to be made, a couple are noted in the instructions, a couple are necessary for the early serial number in the kit decals and a couple are to improve appearances.

The two foward intakes just need to be drilled out and the RH antenna mount filled. The next two vents need to shortened by about 2 mm and then drilled out. The third vent needs to be removed. Two small intakes in the wing/fuselage blend need to be drilled out.
hd9b5efd.jpg

The reinforcing plate between the nozzles needs to be removed and the circular vents on tail can be filled for early Harriers.
h5aa2d6b.jpg

Now we can move onto the cockpit.

Cheers,
Rich

The exterior mods done starting from the tail. The cooling vents filled and I found an extra couple of vents to be drilled out.
hafd2eec.JPG

h17724bc.JPG

The reinforcing plate sanding off the nozzle housings.
h10db351.JPG

hbcbdbaf.JPG

Two upper vents shortened, one removed and RH antenna mount filled.
hec4d511.JPG

From the front the wing root intakes that were drilled out can be seen.
h337e778.JPG

Added the pre-finished PE to the cockpit sidewalls, painted, washed and light dry brush.
he68217d.JPG

heb551ea.JPG

PE instrument panel, small console panels and rudder pedals added to the tub. A bit of creative gizmology added to the aft bulkhead to busy it up.
h1499441.JPG

hb3f02d8.JPG

The tub fitted into the fuselage halves.
hccde9a6.JPG

hd29e964.JPG

Some work still to be done on the seat. The intakes and engine fan to be added and the fuselage can be closed up.

Cheers,
Rich

I have always liked this plane! I think it is from the footage of them fighting in the Falklands, I actually prefer them to the USMC version

Back