• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #1 - Tamiya Fw 190 D-9 "DONE"

razordws

I realize this is not much of a challenge for a month long build so I will definitely be adding another build or two. I am thinking of maybe doing a hat trick of sorts. An aircraft, armor and a ship.

For now though here is my starting point.

hb43608b.jpg

Fw 190 D-9

Thanks for stopping by Wayne... er... I mean Bob!

No sense pussy footing around. Cockpit done and major assembly complete. Just a little bit of putty on the underside is all. Gotta love Tamiya.

hd96ab2f.jpg

he00f6ef.jpg

h7507aa4.jpg

Fw 190 D-9

Whoa! Moving right along!
What are you using to thin your PollyS paints? I have a few old ones I'm trying to use up and have been having problems with them.

Mike

Fw 190 D-9

Thanks Piet.

Mike, I've been using universal acrylic thinner from testors. You can see the green and white bottle in the background on the right. Seems to work well.

:smack
You have a month...:rotf

:popcorn

But I don't need a month! :idonno :D

Fw 190 D-9

Okay I confess! :blush: I entered this build in a 48 hour speed group build on another forum. I haven't done one of those in several years and wanted to see if I could still do it. I will build something else more worthy of a month long challenge or maybe go for a hat trick as I mentioned in my first post. I need to recover from this build first though.

I still have some touch ups I want to do but these are my official finished pics for the speed build.

hdf875a7.jpg

h8bf0890.jpg

Fw 190 D-9

Nice job! Spend a bit of time weatherin' her up a bit if you want but if you want to call it complete it looks complete to me. (y)

Fw 190 D-9

HOLY CRAP that was fast I have not even decided what I wanna build yet

Get a move on Dave. Times a wastin' :soldier

Thanks guys for stopping in. Sometimes you just have to crank one out to get the mojo going again.

Now... what to do for build number two? Something armor I thinks. :hmmm

Is there something to be said for build a kit that goes together nicely?
Preetie Focke Wulf, Dave!
:salute
:drool
:eek:ldguy

Back