• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A6M5 type 52 Zero

razordws

Not sure how much time I'll have to work on this so going for something quick and I hope easy. This is the old Hasegawa offering with raised rivets etc. I actually have two of these kits so if I have more time I'll jump on both.

h31b011d.jpg

Thanks guys! :drinks

Official start up pic

hd87289b.jpg

Managed to get a few hours into it last saturday and sunday morning. Decided to jump right into both even though one had some warping issues with the lower wing. Think I got that sorted. No cockpit to speak of. Just a tub with a molded in seat so just went right into assembly.

h5fac988.jpg

Thanks Mike, Bob and Warren. Appreciate you stopping by.

Sorry for the lack of photos on the progress. Just got back from a trip to Vancouver (5 hour drive one way through winter mountain passes) and I have a few days at home before I get to do it again next week. That will be the third trip this month. :frantic

Anyway, painted the pilot figures and installed them before closing up the canopy on both. No interior detail so that pilot is the only thing filling the tub. Managed to get some paint on and futured them before leaving so hope to get the decals on in the morning. Thought about putting them on tonight but I'm dead tired and I figured that would not be a good mix with 30+ year old decals.

hc82f4e8.jpg

That Hasegawa green plastic is pretty close to the actual color for the uppers.

A dry fit of the cowls shows it does not have very good attachment points to the fuselage. I'll have to get the motors on and see if that helps.

Thanks guys. Decals are on. They were very brittle but managed to not lose any. Just need to get a couple more areas to settle down over all those raised rivets and we can carry on. :D

Back from another trip to Vancouver. :java

Decals are on as I mentioned. Most of them settled down nicely but the meatballs on the underside did not even after buckets of micro sol were applied. Anyway, I will do the best I can to touch them up and move on. Hope to have some bench time this weekend to move these forward.

h5b3dd57.jpg

h00feb27.jpg

h19e4299.jpg

Back