• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 Eduard Profipack

Flyingbabydoc

Hello friends

This is my entry to the campaign. A favorite of mine, the MIG-15. I think it is one of the most beautiful (and lethal) aircraft and a wonderful first Generation fighter.

I will be assemblying the Eduard Profipack which Comes with PE and lots of variants. I am thinking of building the North Korean one, in honour of the "rocket man", but I do have Polish stencils... Will see.

Actually, I take it back.. Probably the Chinese will look

Also, I am looking Forward to working with metallics and all metal paints. Never done before, I have been reading a lot about it, and want to try.

The first pics. Will start on March 1st as per the rules! :salute

Cheers

Alex

h4c5f8fb.JPG

h165d11f.JPG

h72818f2.JPG

hac30209.JPG

h9f1ece0.JPG

h0ed8a0c.JPG

I think I built this one a couple of years ago Alex, if memory serves, the only thing to look out for is the nose piece to the fuselage.

Thanks a lot.

Bob, I haven't opened the kit yet. If it is anything like the Eduard Bf.110 the nose is really the Achilles heel of the model. I could never get it to fit until now. Thanks for warning me!

I guess I will be going with the Chinese. Flashier. However, I need to finish the MiG-29 first.

Cheers

Alex

I know Warren... That red nose is something, very interesting. The chinese however has the stripes on the tail and Elevators... I don't know. Maybe... both?

Cheers

Alex

So, since the Mig-29 is progressing well I should start on the Mig-15.

I actually stumbled across a very nice set of decals. These are B-29 Killers from North Korea, all soviet pilots. I will be Assembling one of These models. Probably the Red 177 from Maj. Sulev.

Cheers

Alex

hc48deb7.jpg

Hi friends,

So I got started on this Little model. It is full of Details but not as much as I would have expected for an Eduard profipack

Still, first Images of the Cockpit with PE added. Trying some new Vallejo paints, as usual all brush-painted.

Cheers

Alex

h8075573.JPG

haeeee38.JPG

hc8c1082.JPG

hf8a1353.JPG

hae05074.JPG

he4bea1b.JPG

Hi Folks

Thanks for the Support. Just a very short update since I have been struggling for free time.

I had to do a LOT of sanding and puttying and filling the gaps. However, I think I managed to get the plane smooth. Please ignore the colours, a lot has to be repainted due to the sanding Job. Still, I think that with the proper Aluminium cover it will look good.

Can't say that there will be a lot done until next week but I hope I will make the Deadline.

Cheers all,

Alex

h4e10c83.JPG

hc8b233e.JPG

hb5f799d.JPG

hd2328e6.JPG

h861fbb3.JPG

h361d653.JPG

h0502f9e.JPG

I definitely like # 177 . Press on doc. :good:

Got to warn you . NMF. is bad to show any defect like sanding marks, ect .

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi everyone

Sorry, no time for benching this week.

Bob, I have no idea how to go about this bare metal foil technique. The only metal foil I know is for cooking... :bang head :bang head

Perhaps this will be something for the future. I will look into that.

In the meantime, main assembly is complete.

Cheers

Alex

Hi everyone

Sorry, no time for benching this week.

Bob, I have no idea how to go about this bare metal foil technique. The only metal foil I know is for cooking... :bang head :bang head

Perhaps this will be something for the future. I will look into that.

In the meantime, main assembly is complete. Now on to painting!

h946aa3a_2018-03-20.JPG

h89ea85a_2018-03-20.JPG

hc2581e5_2018-03-20.JPG

h15ad647.JPG

Cheers

Alex

Hmm....let's see if we can work something out. I might have a good subject for a BMF treatment. :pilot

Looks good Doc! :popcorn

Back