• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zvezda 1/100 Abrams M1A1 U.S. Main Battle Tank ...

Swordsman

I started this yesterday ...

h58ad294.JPG

hdf596df.JPG

hcfabe5e.JPG

heb871a3.JPG

Get - r - Done !!!

Gonna have to pull this one ... My foot is bothering me so bad ... I can't sit at the bench ... I'll see if I can do something tonight and in the morning ... Tomorrow is a big event I'll be at hobby shop until 10 pm .... We're having a downtown stroll ... And whole town will be out for the night, getting ready for it has really got my ankle hurting bad ...

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=562164860611845&tsid=0.6373783218775262&source=typeahead

Alrighty then just spent about a hour cleaning, scraping & cutting sprue .... I took photos but I can't get to big putter ... So I'll post some proof if I can get a photo off my phone ...

She's in the paint shop drying right now ... Should be touchable in AM ...

hf2f0e44.jpg

There you go ... :soldier :soldier :soldier

Love the enthusiasm. Good on ya !!

Ian.

Thanks for your inspiration Ian ... I drug myself to the bench and although the model wasn't that hard to assemble ... I filed, scrapped, cobbled together this little model

Once again Tanks Ian ... :salute :soldier

Cool little kit!

Keep at it

Thanks Warren ... I doctored foot asper cream ... hit the bench ... Here's the photo proof

h7d5a6c9.JPG

hac53b89.JPG

Assembled turret ... I also drilled Barrel ... (AMS)

h0deb03b.JPG

Not many Bits ... very good crisp moldings .... minimal seam/mold lines ....

h5c37ef6.JPG

h655f682.JPG

hd037085.JPG

Lower hull went together very well ...

he0aafb3.JPG

Ready for paint ....

hb4dd3f9.JPG

h8c93d68.JPG

I'll let it dry for a bit Paint still tacky ...

Ok now for the final photos from last night the camera shows 3/30 ... gets mixed up when we have a 28 day month ... I hadn't reset the date ...

h69e0c3d.JPG

h0d4dc30.JPG

Assembled ... painted ... now for some weathering ... running against the clock ... Final for the night

h94df7ba.JPG

h684bc93.JPG

h76a44b7.JPG

had91811.JPG

there you go a 2 & one half hour build ... faster than Dave's three day challenge ... :woohoo: :salute :soldier :soldier :soldier

I'm going through the campaign's that I didn't finish ... Found this one I did it!!! I did It !!! Making a list so I can finish them and get them off the shelf of Shame .... Most of my models are Hairy Brush paintings, but I have a new water trap/regulator coming for my Air brush .... then I will have no excuses .... :facepalm

Back