• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MMM 2020 - 1/72 MiG-15

helios

Somewhere amidst this bag of parts therein lies a MiG-15.....or 3. I got these kits from Saul a couple years back, and have been hanging onto them for this campaign. Not sure if I'll assembly line all 3, or just work through 1 yet. Need to decide by the end of this weekend though as I do need to track down some pilots since these will be built wheels up and mounted on a base.

Happy modeling.

Last edited:

Sprayed all 3 cockpits, but decided to only build the 1 for now. No need getting ahead of myself with my track record. :pinch: Cleaned up and assembled the wings. Ended up robbing a pilot out of my 1/72 PR Meteor. Good enough for this project. Ended up making a booster seat for the pilot, as the seats sit right on the floor, and the headrest was way to tall for the pilot. Lines up a lot better now.

Hi Chris

Good choice, I love the MiG-15

Is it supposed to be a Lim Mig? As far as I know (and I certainly may be wrong) the Cockpits were in light gull gray and not in the turquoise blue...

Looking Forward to your Progress

Alex

Hi Chris

Good choice, I love the MiG-15

Is it supposed to be a Lim Mig? As far as I know (and I certainly may be wrong) the Cockpits were in light gull gray and not in the turquoise blue...

Looking Forward to your Progress

Alex

This one is being built as a Russian supplied MiG, rather than a homebuilt version. And yeah, it looked as though most of the cockpits of the 15s I saw were grey...but decided to use this as an excuse to finally use this color. :laugh: Besides, there will be plenty of greyish colors on this as it's a BMF, typical of most early MiGs.

I may change it, or may not. We'll see.

Thanks for the Explanation Chris. I have a Mig-15 UTI on the stash and wanted to check before making mistakes.

I can never get the BMF right so I will follow you closely on this one. Good luck.

Alex

I'll hopefully have something picture worthy for you guys in a couple days. Should be getting close to getting the cockpit finished up and fuselage halves together.

Despite being busy with this and that this weekend, I did get further. Fuselage is together. Maybe paint tomorrow???

Back