• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HK Models B17 Memphis Belle with AC Models aircrew

mike walsh

Master at Arms
Hello,

Here are some images on my first aircraft at Modelers Alliance.
The HK Models B17 Memphis Belle with AC Models aircrew.
2 of the crew are 95% completed with some minor detailing to do.
They have been painted with Humbrol and Vellajo enamel paint. Humbrol pink was used as a base colour with oil paints used for the faces and hands.

Have not built a plane since 2005 so all help and tips would be appreciated :good:

EW2PdQY.jpg

DCfazai.jpg

vMFmSLJ.jpg

GwBBWQ0.jpg

ptKwyf6.jpg

s1NYKkH.jpg

It is going to be a long haul to share along with the other current military subjects on the workbench.With receiving the masks and the base for the plane this week it was a project close to my heart that I have always wanted to do.
So here she is. :v

Michael :drinks

I just noticed it is 1/32. Sometime during the build, could you put along side something to give us an idea of the size of this model? I am looking forward to this.

Thanks Guys,

Robert, the plane and accessories are sitting on the base.

It is 16mm MDF board, the base is as big as the plane.

The plane will be fixed to the base. There is nothing more disappointing than grabbing the model and oops there goes a barrel or a part off the plane. :eek:hmy: :facepalm

What's the dimensions of the base Michael? I hit the hobby lobby today and they still have the veteran 1:48 kit over there for only $25. Got me thinking for just a minute....

Bob,

950mm long x 700mm wide,

It gives a large area for the Figures to be spread out walking to the plane.

Wow, looks like you'll have a lot of room or some action. Wonder if we can find a 1:32 jeep or some other ground equipment to go with it. :popcorn

Bob,

I had the Legends 1/35th scale Memphis belle crew sitting on the jeep and was intending to use them but when I found out Andrew from AC Models was releasing a crew for the B17 it was the icing on the cake :good:
I had to get them, perfect for the scene.

The plane will fill up the base and with the figures spread out walking to the plane there will not be much else on the board to distract the viewer. Sort of placing an emphasis on the aircrew and plane.

Michael

Sounds like it will be an excellent project and I look forward to watching it take shape. I think you did the right thing going with the AC Models figures walking to the aircraft rather that the crew sitting in the jeep. It will be more interesting with the walking figures.

Cheers,
James

Way cool. I can hardly wait to see how you do this. I have resisted temptation succesfully but I really enjoy watching them be builtr. Just hardly anyone builds them. This is 2 buckets of popcorn time :D :popcorn :popcorn
James

Thanks guys,

Bear with me with the time factor because I am running this in conjunction with completing the Famo and trailer that's at 95% done and the Takom tiger 2 diorama.

Then on the back scene, picking up the base last week for the Italerie scnellboote that's just itching me to dabble in that as well.
With crew gluns ablazing torpedo being fired into the water, so many things to do.

Michael

Hello again,

Progress so far brings me to figures 3 and 4 of the aircrew that are still being worked on.

CPYtRtp.jpg

Michael

Back