• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Tiger 2 Repair Dio

mike walsh

Master at Arms
Hello again,

Here is the next build with the Takom King Tiger being the centerpiece of the diorama. It has now been separated from the Tamiya Famo and trailer build.

Work has commenced on the smaller subjects which will be strategically placed around the King Tiger and hopefully come together to make the overall story.

Some images have been taken from the Tamiya Famo build blog with the inclusion of some more images below on the Miniart V170 Saloon.

The original concept was to use the Famo in the foreground with the building as the backdrop. With the release of the fabulous Takom Tiger 2 made it an ideal large Tank to display the interior and engine bay.

It's a balancing act to see what looks right and what doesn't. Some items may be excluded some smaller items may be included. Here is the current work so far.

The Miniart 170V saloon has been broken down in sub sections for ease of painting. Some minor work to do before I move onto building the Tiger 2 and other models. Working on small to large vehicles.

Items to be used within the diorama
YbUQIiX.jpg

K54HgwN.jpg

LifXz00.jpg

SrbQeJV.jpg

4KQ4xLJ.jpg

jp3GaDx.jpg

F50nsqu.jpg

JS6XW8W.jpg

I2X8KNl.jpg

QaLAKx1.jpg

fZQFm2i.jpg

2SykcRf.jpg

uno5nz1.jpg

Diorama size
e6PgglL.jpg

Michael

Thanks Guys,

Started the Flak38tT 20mm SPW yesterday and will post some progress images in the next few days.

The kit is way past being a shake and bake plastic model.Very comprehensive in detail.Thank you DML. :good:
With building the Saloon and field kitchen I have found there has been an increase on how accurate the manufacturers have gone to great lengths to keep there models interesting.

The engine alone on the saloon took the most time out of the whole build because of the detail.
Still contemplating on having the engine hood open to show off the engine bay to show how much detail there is.

More to follow :snoopy

Michael

Hi,

Once again, back with the next update. Changing in between building the diorama and vehicles is interesting.
Keeps up with the motivation to build models as well as reduce the collection. :laugh: :laugh:

Here are some close images of the detail of the Miniart saloon engine and the interior of the Dragon Flak 38T
It is a good example to show how much detail the Manufacturers have gone into in today's world to produce there models.
My hat's off to both these companies on what they have given us. :coolio :good: (y)

There was a few corrections on the DML Flak 38t instructions noted in the image what the sprue numbers a should be.
It was not easy glueng the parts together as they are intricate parts and I spent 1 or 2 times on the tiled floor trying to locate parts. :frantic :bang head.

The Tamiya thin was perfect for this application. :good: :woohoo:

The tamiya thin glue was the main glue used but on the bigger parts the Revell Contacta was substituted.
CdxLVDX.jpg

The Flak 38t wheels also get a mention here as there was a little sanding and trimming to clean the wheels.
With a big seam line and 4 connection marks and a slight rise on 1 half.Not happy :pinch:
6Qe3eET.jpg

I'm not placing too much emphasis on adding too much extra detail into the engines as once it's in the vehicle it will be absorbed into the diorama and may not get seen.
L5mY0BF.jpg

fNiDaQc.jpg

zkEXc45.jpg

D93sQtM.jpg

s3GUGLs.jpg

Michael

Hello,

Just dropping a quick update on build progress on the FLak 38t.

There is also something which needs to be brought up with the etch 20mm ammo racks.Have not seen this in any reviews on this kit but DML has included all the tool handles inside each rack which is an annoyance that each internal part of the rack has to be trimmed neatly. It is extra work and if Dml added more etch brass they could have been positioned into a different part of the etch fret. As below
TjUW9Ea.jpg

KGEBY1F.jpg

Just thought I'd share my frustrations , :laugh: :idonno :hmmm :laugh:

Michael

Ha Ha, sorry Peter the forecast is for next year with the Tiger 2 and Famo.

Still contemplating either driving or flying to the Expo.

I will have a transport box being made now for the Famo and will post some photo's on what it looks like in the next couple of weeks.

If I'm flying with the tiger 2 dio I will definitely get the same style of box made. :good:

Michael

Hi,

Further progress on the Flak 38T, built in sub sections for painting and detailing.
Some of the Soga 2cm crew will be used to man the 2cm. It will depend on the space around the gun on which figures can be used.
Very nicely detailed figures , more image to follow shortly.

IhNbowk.jpg

eXzkPHQ.jpg

Michael

Thanks Mike

Hello again,

With the Flak 38T near completion in regards to the construction side it has been stored in a plastic container free of dust and other particles that form up on the plastic. It is awaiting a 20mm metal barrel. Once this comes in I will get to work with test fitting the Soga gunner to the seat .
8VGkoyX.jpg

I have moved my attention over to commencing the Bussing nag with the bilstien crane and looking at what is in the box will be more challenging to work with than the tiger 2.
Reason : Way more fiddly parts which can be broken off and kid gloves is a must.
CeuNmcV.jpg

AFV club did a good job overall in replicating the Bussing Nag in detail.
This is not a model for a beginner. The parts are very fine and they will need extra care and attention when removing them from the sprue cage.
I use the No 11 Exacto to trim off the excess sprue indents on the plastic part and found the plastic to be a little soft on the chassis.
Early days so time will tell.

AFV Club added a nice touch by the inclusion of little bolt heads on the sprue cage. As below
KfOoWhP.jpg

Here is step1 and 2 done for the night.
7l3fTxQ.jpg

tzFvmuz.jpg

More to follow on the truck, it's a beast
:eek:hmy: :angry: :frantic :cheer: :laugh:

Michael

Back