Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Submitting articles

Submitting articles 15 Nov 2009 00:17 #1

One new feature we have on Tanks and Things is the Article submission system. As you may have already noticed the articles, we have already moved our Masterclass articles, reviews and news items are still being moved. You will also notice that these articles are linked to our Forum for discussions.

All of our Master, and reviewers have full rights to submit their articles. When you submit your article for publication one of our Editors will check it out and pass it on to one of the Publishers. We encourage all users who wish to submit reviews or news items to do so but let's keep a couple of key points in mind.

Start your article with a quick summery of what your article is about, if you have any pictures to accompany the article please scale the image to no more than 600px width. If you wish you may link the image to a full size image, this scaling is not automatic on the Front side of the site, it is on the forums.

If you submit quality reviews you will be promoted to a point where you can self publish your articles and they may be viewable on our front page.

Feel free to ask any and all questions. Let's see what you all can do and what this site can do.

And Welcome aboard the new TnT!
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Submitting articles 16 Nov 2009 15:50 #2

A suggestion on the format of articles. If you look at Per Olav Lund's Peeling paint class you can see that the finished product is above the "Read More" break that I talked about in the "How to submit an Article" topic. This is to give a teaser to the reader about what they are going to be reading about when the article is viewed in "Blog Layout" like the front page or the indexes that we have.

Just a suggestion, you all may find a better way to work with the articles, I'm looking forward to seeing more from everyone.
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds