• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Frau's (future ?) Daily Driver - 996 GT3

ij001

Mentioned before that Mrs. IJ001 was brought-up in Germany close to Stuttgart, she also loves orange cars, so...

h3355522.jpg

h1f2b332.jpg

haf8f5cb.jpg

h147bb4c.jpg

h06553e0.jpg

h45bcd77.jpg

hd6ea9ae.jpg

h63ec690.jpg

hc5e14f2.jpg

Tamiya's excellent 911/996 GT3 straight from the box and paint mixed by my favourite Mk.I eyeball method (X6 Orange with 'a few drops' of XF15 Flesh). One coat of 'Pearl' clear and two caots of TS13 Clear, all polished with Tamiya three-part compounds (no wax yet). Interior is a typical turn-of-the-century two-tone medium grey and dark blue-grey. Only thing on the finished thing that didn't come in the box is the carbon fibre roof decal by a Korean company 'Ka-Models' which I got through BNA Models in Oz. Not much else to say except that my kit came with a severely deformed left side A Pillar which threw-out the alignment of the front windscreen.

Great kit and a very easy build as Tamiya always seem to be. As ever thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment. Please feel free to comment, question or rage-away. Next a 2011 997 GT3R then some aircraft builds,

AFN

Ian.

So now is "The Frau" giving you a kick about "Where is my full size one?"
smile.gif

The build looks really nice Ian! My take is that the bent pillar could have been massaged by using 85C water to "slightly soften" it and bring it back to true. As it is if you had not said anything we would not have known.

So now is "The Frau" giving you a kick about "Where is my full size one?"
smile.gif

Frau can easily afford to buy herself one (and one for me TBH)... benefits of marrying a surgeon, I s'pose :v
Ironically she never will, because her daily drive at the moment, is a 2009 silver Mazda 'people carrier' (US = mini-van), and she has no ambition to change it anytime soon, she likes the models, but the real things just leave her cold... :idonno

Ian.

Your paint jobs are just getting better Ian :notworthy

The repair to the pillar is fantastic still can't tell even after you said it was damaged. (y)

Back