• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm a Cowboy and on a Steel Horse I ride !!!

Swordsman

A lot has happened, since I've been on the forum, and I still have much to do. My project is a scale 1:1, that is to take a Corvair Motor & trans-axle assembly, add a frame & Springer on it. I won't get real political Here, Back in 2012, I meet a Man riding a Harley, with a Battle flag & SCV emblems all over it. He invited me to a meeting, the rest is History. I love the history of the War of Northern aggression. I joined the Sons of Confederate Veterans, and I've been riding in this Military Blazer.

hbe9e96f_2018-08-16.jpg

It belongs to my friend and fellow modeler John Kirkpatrick, You may have seen some of His work, at Eagle Quest, He's a Dark side Modeler. The Blazer has been fully restored and We call it the War Wagon. When We go to a grave dedication or other SCV events, I ride Shotgun, or in the Door Gunner spot. I've since Joined the Mechanized Calvary, and now My Handle/road name is "Door Gunner" John now has a 50 cal. replica for Me when We ride. Long story short, The Mech Cav, ride Harley's and other Motor bikes ….. So I'm building a Trike, from a Corvair Motor & Trans axle.

hcb78bcc.jpg

I have the new welding machine, spent too much yesterday buying steel tube, plus I purchased an 18v angle grinder/cutoff tool, which I've worn out & so I purchased a corded one …..

hc71e61b_2018-08-16.jpg

I have the victim Donor Corvair, This one has some body damage, look closely, bullet Holes !!! Season 3 episode 9 "Queen of the South" coming next week you can see where the bullet hole came from.

hbc30440.jpg

I have to pull motor first, then change rotation of rear wheels, since I want to mount motor Mid-ship, for weight distribution. Come along on this Journey, as I repair and restore this 'ol trike, already named Jug-U-la …..

Looking good so far Gerry! I like it.

Thanks Mark, a lot has happened since I started this thread, I had to move the Hobby Shop, lost my GWS distributorship, So there will be lots of old stock, GWS stuff for sale on eBay soon. I didn't stop buying from them …. they don't like my new digs …… Not good enough for them ….. Their loss …. Mom's in the Hospital again 2nd time since, I started this, The Hobby Shop got broken into and trashed ….. I lost My driveway I was Using, but I got it back, the other day add internet connection troubles on top of all that. I feel like the enemy don't love Me very much ….. But I've read the Book and We win in the end ….. If it will just stop raining in Texas …. I'll get back on this ….. I don't like welding standing in Water ….. :woohoo: :ro: :dude

Welding in water seems unwise at that! You Go Gerry! Don't let people who confuse History with racism sway you! HARRUMPH!!

Gerry, it's great that you are hanging in there after all that. I know how it feels. Just keep the faith and stay out of the water when welding.

Welding in water seems unwise at that! You Go Gerry! Don't let people who confuse History with racism sway you! HARRUMPH!!

I joined the SCV back awhile ago …. Always knew We were a big family, about 100 or better on the CSA's side …. 2 or 3 that didn't have there mind right …… My friend made a miniature Mountain cannon …. He put a 410 mechanism in it …. The canon is made from PVC Pipe looks purdy good …. anyway "The South Was Right …. Deo Vindice !!! "

Gerry, it's great that you are hanging in there after all that. I know how it feels. Just keep the faith and stay out of the water when welding.

Probably didn't mention it all …. What a long strange trip it's been, My wife fell November 27, 2017 and broke Her Femur …. Been nursing Her back to health …. just starting over ….. on My own land ….. I'm the landlord …. :woohoo:

Welding in water? No problem at all unless you are between the ground and the electrode...I spent a lot of time in the well drilling business, welded lots of casing, sometimes in the rain.

hc7ab992.jpg

I'm proud of my Heritage .... This is My Cut I'm working on ....

Well some say weld it with the water on ground some say not .... I say I won't ... I'm a electronic technician and I don't like electricity .... It can be a friend, but in my experience, it has barred it's teeth to shown Me who is boss .... :pinch: :S :notworthy

I'm getting back on this build ... I've removed lots of junk and bad welds .... working with an angle grinder is kinda like working with a bigger dremel ....

hb4600b0.jpg

h4eb4b39.jpg

h01b759b.jpg

hfc75ae6.jpg

h4430a77.jpg

hcbdaf4f.jpg

hba79ecc.jpg

h588ca08.jpg

h5c93a2a.jpg

The old frame is starting to come around, I'm ready to get the power plant out of the Corvair ....

h7ef4b43.jpg

You might have seen this car on TV ... Queen of the South Season 3 ... episode 9 ... :ro: :dude

Very cool! Hang in there, Brother! Keep doing stuff to vacation your brain from the tribulations of the cyclical nature of life & business. Busy hands are happy hands!
HARRUMPH!

Very cool! Hang in there, Brother! Keep doing stuff to vacation your brain from the tribulations of the cyclical nature of life & business. Busy hands are happy hands!
HARRUMPH!

Thanks, I need to get My people together .... But it's all downhill from Here .... I wake up every and say Thankyou Jesus when my feet touch the floor .... I'm need a old Harley Jug or something I have a 911 motor that's probably toast, I could get the Jugs off of that engine .... Motor was given to Me from a mechanic across the street. I need One/two jugs for a headlight housing ...

Back