• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

0-4-0 Cab Forward Combine (Coffeepot loco) Update

Swordsman

I realize now that this is a confusing start to this thread, Down under they have a Coffeepot loco that has been altered by taking the front truck off a Passenger Coach, and adding a little steam engine .... The following photos show the prototype locos in a Cab forward Configuration.

heacccd8.jpg

hc83c83a.jpg

Now comes the Coffeepot combine/coach .... that is used down under (I hope) ...

he0852e3.jpg

hfa5e062.jpg

I hope this explanation Helps convey my kit bash. I started this mess a couple of days ago ... While at the train show, a vendor gave me a box of parts. Well inside was a Porter 0-4-0 Saddle tank switcher ... So I put it back together and determined that I could maybe add a Combine coach on it. So I've started the project looks like it's gonna be OK ...

he49b1b1.jpg

The Cab has to be stretched a bit ...

h0018cf0.jpg

So I cut it in half ...

h8e241de.jpg

h8f6394d.jpg

Next I have to cut the front of the combine off ...

h252b293.jpg

Next phots are trying to cut out a spot for the loco to fit ...

h89b3cc5.jpg

h36390a6.jpg

h42876a6.jpg

The only trouble I see is whether the unit will comer properly with a fixed front truck. The prototype sames too, this is where I'm at with this ... I hope y'all enjoy the ride ... :train

Steam Powered Cab Forward Combine plus Porter Bash

I'm curious as to what the end result will look like!

Regards,

Thanks Warren & Luiz .... Just a temporary stall on this one .... Framing/Marring the two together involves lots orf cutting .... good thing I purchased a dremel hand held tool ...

And here I was expecting to see a grain harvester!

And here I was expecting to see a grain harvester!
The porter is the little steam engine .... The Combine is the car pass/baggage .... Now I found a photo of a 0-4-0 in a cab forward configuration .... I'll post it in the morning :train

Here's all I can find right now .... Notice Cow catcher on Cab is on the back of the engine .....now what I'm doing is marry this loco to Combine so locomotive becomes power and front truck I have another photo .....hang tight

h6e518fe.jpg

Thanks Mike …… It's about to get more better ....

h098e5c6.jpg

he8dc01f.jpg

I want to add this look, articulated deck, must find parts online on the front (Back) of the engine, it on a smaller platform of course

I love all kinds of kit-bashing, especially the ones creating an actual vehicle. However, my respect goes out to those with the imagination for what-if subjects!

Regards,

Thanks Saul ... Very Kind Words .... I see greatness in your builds also .... This started as a Coffeepot like the down under Version .... Then AMS set in ... nothing on Paper (plans) Just a ideal that changing & evolving into finished product ... :ro:

Back