• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'68 Vette

ij001

Twenty year old Revell kit, and not a bad one too.

h4395341.jpg

Wanted a contemporary look without changing the 'structure' too much, so de-chromed throughout, faired-in and cut down bumpers front & rear, steering wheel from a Tamiya R34, the rest is just paint. Tamiya Gunmetal, polished & buffed, not clear coated, a dark red interior which I carried through to the outside accents and finall a little carbon-fibre decalling on the valence.

Ta Daaaa !!

h6756fd3.jpg

h5b8f9fc.jpg

h446bd0f.jpg

hbad5cf6.jpg

h9e4f4d7.jpg

h81c480c.jpg

h8588a83.jpg

h0b66f09.jpg

Wheels & tyres are 18" SA-70s from Aoshima and just don't look right. I'll replace them with 16" when I can, also need to source some brake discs, there's a set in the R34 spares but I'll need to perform a fair bit of surgery to get them to fit the Revell axles.

Hope you like it, AFN

Ian.

Ian, that is an interesting approach to building a '68 Vette. I like how it turned out. I do like the wheels and tires on it as well. Good job man.

Dave

Back