• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Holiday Build #2 - Supra * * D O N E * *

ij001

So the second holiday project has hit the bench:

V9oMURe.jpg

RqQBi10.jpg

Tamiya's 'Toms' Supra GT, definitely not going to be finished in the kit-supplied Castrol colours:

7xPGJg5.jpg

SFGeZah.jpg

Tamiya's TS-8 'Italian Red'  with AK Xtreme Metals' Polished Aluminium' and some hand painted matt black (first coat only in these photos). The insides are all AK Xtreme Metals' 'Dark Aluminium' but obviously only just started, the cage is glued together but not to the chassis in these pics.

X4yqsvx.jpg

pqMnAGf.jpg

Bodyshell is TS-94 'Metallic Grey'. Two light coats and nowhere near shiny enough, so I'll brush on a coat of Klear/Future before decalling, then another afterward. Going to keep the final 'look' a surprise as long as I can, but hopefully y'all will get a kick from it. Not too many 'What If' cars around so nice to do something that little bit outta 'left field', eh ?

More soon.

Ian.

Holiday Build #2 - Supra

So a couple of days of airbrushing and hand-painting the smaller parts and a couple of sub-assemblies and I'm ready to do 'gluing together'.

wGDagyE.jpg

KZ3l4NS.jpg

Next session (whenever that may be) and I should get almost all of the rolling chassis together.

Stay tuned, folks.

Ian.

Holiday Build #2 - Supra

When I bought my first home here in our sleepy little town back in the mid 90's, a local chap I knew, whose fam owned a successful Greek restaurant, bought one of the road/commercial versions of this car. as I recall, my mortgage and his cost were the same!

Holiday Build #2 - Supra

Two-and-a-half hour uninterrupted session this afternoon (it's Sunday here).

iiKHtyy.jpg

BXf7bHX.jpg

XTkMTGH.jpg

68F0W2T.jpg

9gCrg0N.jpg

All straight from the box including the (decal) seat harness, no 'detail-up' set here !

Next, decals !!

Ian.

All done:

hc02484d.jpg

hfe52036.jpg

h9c40a3b.jpg

h9b86924.jpg

h59a278f.jpg

h0e21399.jpg

hadc90ba.jpg

hb473158.jpg

A fun, quick and cheap 'What If' build - The excellent Tamiya Supra GT built straight from the box wearing decals from the Tamiya 911 GT2. Simple as that. Appreciate it won't be to everyones taste but what the h*ll, nowt wrong with letting your imagination out-to-play every now and again. All the red was sprayed first, then masked-off, no decals there, all paint.

Please feel free to post ask any questions or post any outrage, it's all fine by me.

AFN

Ian.

Back