• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Final Model for 2017

Duke Maddog

Finally, I am able to close out 2017 with my last model for the year. This is my Roden 1/72 scale Opel Ludwig Areo bus that is the last bus I needed to complete the entire line of 1/72 scale buses offered by Roden. The Ludwig Areo came out in 1932 as a touring bus for those tourists who wished to ride in style. Later, some of these were inducted into the Lufwaffe as pilot and staff transport buses. I finished my version of the Luftwaffe bus some months back.

Here is the civilian version of the Ludwig Areo bus:

German_Opel_Ludwig_Areo_Bus_I.jpg

German_Opel_Ludwig_Areo_Bus_II.jpg

And as I mentioned, that completes my entire collection of 1/72 scale Roden buses; until they come out with another one....

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks guys! Dave, it is pretty wild looking, especially considering this was developed and built in the early 1930's!

Thanks Stoneboat! Yes it is indeed!

Thanks Mike! Glad to see you stop in!

Nice job Mark! I'd love to see one of these in person! they look like they would have been nice to ride in!

Thanks Sharkman! Yeah, from what I read, they were air conditioned and the leather seats were very plush and comfortable. They had coolers that held wine bottles and wine glasses inside that the passengers could pour and sip while watching the countryside go by. Most of the seats were angled at a 45 degree angle so passengers in them could see both out the front and side of the bus. Yes, these Areo and Strassenzepp buses were top of the line luxury.

Back