• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Quick beer anyone ? * * D O N E * *

ij001

Well cannot make any progress with the Hooters Thunderbird beecause the decals are still not here, (this despite ordering a different sheet from the same source three days after the AK decals and they arrived yesterday)
:bang head .

OK so rather than jump in to one of my usual aircraft builds or even finishing-off the Porsche & Ferrari, what did I do... I dug-out another part-started NASCAR build and got busy.

hefc3b73.jpg

h02faff7.jpg

hdf41740.jpg

hb98fe39.jpg

As usual the block & chassis are generic and therefore went together with minimum of input from me. The body on the other hand is different. Not done a 2000/2002 Chevy before and man it's not pretty !

hf4eaabc.jpg

h0fa27a6.jpg

So with the black around the roof & windows, it really narrows the subject down to one of two, right ?? - so this one will be my first ever Earnhardt build, Dale Jnr's rookie season car with JWTBM decals.

hec586c5.jpg

Of course if the Kulwicki decals arrive tomorrow morning, this one will go back on the 'pending file'. In the meantime please stay tuned and feel free to make any comments, criticism or ask any questions.

AFN

Ian.

Quick beer anyone ?

Not really, Dave, but thanks. These kits are all (virtually) identical and so easy to build, you get in a rhythm and off you go... After this and the AK Thunderbird for the Revell/Monogram Campaign, I'll take a break and then finish my Tiger I or maybe start something completely fresh... with wings !!

Ian.

Quick beer anyone ?

Paint is happening...

hf8a0ba3.jpg

hc75bae9.jpg

Three thin(ish) coats of Tamiya TS8 'Italian Red', the black is Tamiya enamel X18 Satin Black underneath two brushed coats of Klear/Future. Not much in the way of touching-up needed but as usual with Tamiya 'glossy' aerosols' it dries half-way between gloss & shiny so will need some attention with (more) Johnsons Klear.

Thanks for looking-in. More later in the week.

hd786595.jpg

Ian.

Quick beer anyone ?

Decals started...

he41c797.jpg

haee2e5c.jpg

...going-on very easily but there are problems with JWTBM's research. The 'Snap On' sponsor logo was always on the third from top black line. Can't change it but a little irritating.

Ian.

Quick beer anyone ?

Downside of not having much work in just now is of course financial. Upside is that once the chores are done, modelling happens !!

hf476995.jpg

h3bfbf3c.jpg

h8582bfc.jpg

Decals finished on Dale Junior's 'rookie season' car. :yipee

Ian.

Another NASCAR build finished today.

This one is dedicated to a bloke who is one of the hobby’s ‘good guys’. Couple of years back I posted three NASCAR builds in quick succession over at Britmodeller – Keefr22 was very complimentary and we chatted about NASCAR modelling (as you do). Next thing is, Keith has bagged-up and sent a whole slue of unused and very rare AM decal sheets all the way down here to New Zealand without asking for any payment but asking that I promise to ‘put them to good use’.

As you know, just now I’m really in to race-car modelling in general and NASCAR building in particular so it was easy to keep my promise and here’s the first of ‘Keith’s builds’.

hcffc19b.jpg

h500e0f9.jpg

h5a3da83.jpg

ha34fa6f.jpg

h8a62533.jpg

h279e5f8.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

AFN

Ian.

Back