• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NASCAR from the Turn of the Century

ij001

Finished just this morning

h8d78e6b.jpg

The 'gold' one is Revells' 1999 (slab-side) Chevy Monte Carlo built almost straight from the box, I lowered the ride-height about 1.5mm as I do with all these decals are just about the best for automotive modellers transfers available my NASCAR builds. The decals are from Powerslide, printed by Cartograf. Perfect register no translucence at all. The 'orange' one is again a Revell kit and again built as it comes except for the ride-height. It's the 2000/03 Ford Taurus, this time with JWTBM decals. Both models are painted with colours.Tamiya acrylics, both aerosol - straight from the rattle-can - & jar

1999 Skoal Chevy Monte Carlo driven by Ken Schraeder. Raced in these colours in just four races in the '99 season - there were also a metallic green, metallic blue and (usual) metallic green schemes. AFAIK these four beautiful schemes were used because this was Skoal's last NASCAR Winston Cup season - I believe they have returned in recent years, but I'm not certain.

hdd9643e.jpg

hce96fe6.jpg

hd0a4d39.jpg

hf97c797.jpg

2001 Tide Ford Taurus driven by Ricky Craven. Regular racing colours (there were specials), one of the brightest and most recognised liveries in all of NASCAR.

hebe505f.jpg

h2205d85.jpg

h302cb16.jpg

h5bb471d.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. Please feel free to make any criticism or ask any questions. Already on with my next two car projects (a Porsche 911 GT1 & LaFerrari), and well in to planning for my next NASCAR build, The Kulwicki/Hooters Thunderbird.

AFN

Ian.

Back