• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adria inex DC-6

uros

Hello!
Another project I am working on is this DC-6, 1/72nd scale from Heller. I'm making very slow progrees with it. The one im building is sitting at Ljubljana airport, sadly deteriorating. I will be making it cleaner, just what she looked like in her glory days.

So far, I aded some details in cockpit and nose whell well. Everything is stil work progres.
20170709_152245_zpsdrrcabyu.jpg
20170709_171337_zpsswzumae5.jpg
20170709_144350_zpskj8astdp.jpg
20170709_121416_zpsfystzdgl.jpg

20170709_121058_zpsdrxyk9rn.jpg

Thank you for looking in!

Nice start. Love the upgraded yokes, I'm always in awe of someone who can do things in symmetry. I can sometimes make one thing look ok but then doing it again and have to two look identical? Na..

:popcorn

Off to a great start Uros. Love the front end upgrades. I built one years ago, so long I can't remember which company, Pacific Western, I seem to recall.

Have you got that CRJ finished yet?

Thanks guys!
Jim, I would love to see some pictures of that dc-6, if you still have them.

Have you got that CRJ finished yet?
Yes, here she is...
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/wesendorf-field/152896-adria-crj-200?start=36

Sorry Uros, I don't have any pics, nor do I have the model. It probably didn't survive a move some years ago.

That CRJ is nothing short of stunning, what a job you did on it. (y)

Wow, this is amazing. I also built the same model of Heller's DC-6 and made it an American Airlines bird. It came out looking like crap because I can't do a decent bare metal finish, but I'm glad it did get finished. I had also put in the front landing gear as you did; but it promptly broke off once I tried to paint mine. I'm currently working on a C-118 which is the same kit in military livery right now. I've been trying for more than a year to finish that C-118; the paint just won't cooperate. Mine still doesn't measure up to this. I'm watching this closely, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Keep going man. I can't wait to see more.

Thank you very much guys! Much apreciated!

Duke, I have read some build reports and most of them reported broken landing gear. To avoid that, I have invested in metal landing gear. Also I made it movable. It will be hidden in wheel well during construction, and when i'm close to finish I will glue it in place. At least that's the plan. Will see how it goes.

Here is a bit of progress...
20170713_172235_zpsrkmwzzxe.jpg

20170717_201047_zpsgjjyvypy.jpg

20170717_201158_zpsho6a2rd1.jpg

Just want to add a few more details, and then i'm done. Most of this won't be seen anyway :)

Fantastic work n that interior. Brilliant idea with the metal gear too. I wish I could have gotten some for my DC-6. Oh well, I left mine off the C-118.

Thanks again everyone!
Jim, seatbelts are made from foil that's around wine or champagne bottle necks. Very usefull stuff, you can even make tubes out of it.
Duke, so you are doing your C-118 whels up? Get her done. :pilot

No, my C-118 will be wheels down as was my DC-6. I'm just adding the gear and hear doors after all the painting, clearcoating decaling and finishing is done. Just had another setback with my decals on this stupid plane too. Gotta see if I can score some more.....

Wish you good luck, Duke!

Cockpit is finished now. Very little will be seen, once everything is closed. I'm thinking about open windows, but clear part is very thick, so I dont't know if it's going to look right. Will decide later.
20170722_142915_zps7iwrrl0g.jpg
20170722_143020_zpsvhyunxdl.jpg
20170722_143132_zpsqc3zv69j.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Back