• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Latest Automobiles and Something Extra.

Duke Maddog

I don't normally post here in the Auto/civilian boards, but I have been trying my hand at doing some cars lately. After some time I have finally finished something that is satisfactory enough.

First up: Go Speed Racer Go! This is my Polar Lights 1/24 scale Mach 5 from the TV cartoon Speed Racer:

Speed_Rascer_Mach_5_I.jpg

Speed_Rascer_Mach_5_II.jpg

Speed_Rascer_Mach_5_III.jpg

Next up is my Revell 1/24 scale Monkeemobile from that old TV show "The Monkees". My sister and I used to watch that show all the time when we were kids. I just had to build this car:

Monkeemobile_I.jpg

Monkeemobile_II.jpg

Monkeemobile_III.jpg

Finally, although this isnt a car at all, it is a civilian piece. I didn't see any Forum that is more appropriate for this to go so I'm adding this to my post here.

This is the Life-Like Hobby Kits 1:1 scale Colt 45 "Peacemaker" pistol that I threw together in between other builds to cleanse the pallet. It isn't very well done but it is an ancient kit that was quite the challenge to put together:

Colt_45_Peacemaker_I.jpg

Colt_45_Peacemaker_II.jpg

That's all I've been able to complete for now. My apologies about the Colt; if you don't want it here; let me know and I can delete it. Otherwise, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks for the awesome compliments guys! Helios, I agree, that Monkeemobile car is so cool!

Mike, I've always loved the Mach 5! What an awesome show that was.

Mark did you paint that gunmetal?

Bob, I spray painted it with Testor's Black Metallic out of the can. After glosscoating it, I painted the gold over it and wiped it down, leaving the color in the design. Some of the design was not very deep so it didn't take like I wanted, but overall this looks good enough. After I shot the handle with a light tan, I gave it a light brown wash to bring out the details. They don't show so well in those pics, but it looks great in person.

Mark:

Those are some good looking models. You should try to get another Monkeemobile around the holidays and build it up as Santas new sleigh. Just delete the rear seats to put the big guys goody sack. Everything else looks real good. You did them all real proud. And there I thought you only did 1/72 armor.

Dave

LOL! Thanks Dave! I'd love to see pics of a Santa Sleigh done up with a Monkeemobile! That would rock.

You thought I only did 1/72 scale armor? Hmmm, you haven't been following my posts on the "What's on the Workbench" Thread then. :idonno (y) All I've been working on lately were aircraft and cars and the occasional ship. I only just started again on 1/72 scale armor.

Thanks again for checking in Dave; I am always thrilled to see your posts.

Stay tuned, more to come.

My pleasure my friend. I also build some Aircraft and a couple of ships, just need to get a way to show them off and take some pix when they are finished. We moved into a different Apt. back on Nov. 1 and we're finishing up the room setups. I'm not sure how to post the pix when I do get them taken, so its just a matter of time. Some day they'll get posted.

Dave

Well what do ya know? Cars and Colts! a fine combination to post. :v

They all look great, up to your usual high standards. :ro:

Mark, interesting combination.
Great looking cars and gun.
I to am going to try my hand at a car build.
I picked up two car kits at Nordicom Saturday.
Maybe it will help with the AMS I seem to be having lately.
Although, I did get some aftermarket tires, rims and engine parts.
I have a problem, I know. :bang head :bang head :bang head

Frank

Mark, interesting combination.
Great looking cars and gun.
I to am going to try my hand at a car build.
I picked up two car kits at Nordicom Saturday.
Maybe it will help with the AMS I seem to be having lately.
Although, I did get some aftermarket tires, rims and engine parts.
I have a problem, I know. :bang head :bang head :bang head

Frank
Don't worry Frank you aint the only one :woohoo:

Fran, thank you for the compliments! Good luck with the cars; I've found that the hardest art for me to conquer is the paint work. I can't get a smooth, clean shiny coat to save my life! I hope you'll have far better luck. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your automotive build thread.

Back