• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

65 Chevy Stepside * *D O N E* *

ij001

This kit

h8e7fc4a_2016-02-05.jpg

Hopefully ending-up looking a little like these:

hda2209f.jpg

hab6ae3e.jpg

...but dirtier and maybe a little rusty. Start-up picks in a few weeks, stay tuned.

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

i got a good ref picture for ya if I can dig it out. :popcorn

h7c70d1e.jpg

h76ae9d4.jpg

h75f0fb3.jpg

Nice work truck, I remember driving it just a little before I was suppose to. Also remember riding in the back going to get ice cream :yipee

Anyone local this is Lyman Mills near Spartanburg back about 70-71.

65 Chevy Stepside

Nice MP ... is that a relative of yours behind the wheel ... Ian I'll be watching this ... this would look good with one of those wood coral's on the back ... if rusty then weathered wood looks fantastic ... :ro: :dude (y)

65 Chevy Stepside

No Garry, my Dad would be behind the camera. I think that was "JT" driving.

Interesting to see the different locations of the "C10" badge on the side.

65 Chevy Stepside

No Garry, my Dad would be behind the camera. I think that was "JT" driving.

Interesting to see the different locations of the "C10" badge on the side.

Ok PUP ... The difference in the badges may be that one is a short bed & the other long bed .... (y)

65 Chevy Stepside

Good catch, I didn't notice the beds. Guess that knocks that kit out for a tribute build of that work truck.

65 Chevy Stepside

I'll be :popcorn I had a '66 fleetside long bed Chevy back in my high school days. started out with a 292 inline 6 cyl.'til she thru a rod thru the block & then dropped a small block 400 V8 in her! :D Best 4 wheel drive I ever owned & she was only 2 wheel drive. 4 spd granny trans. Man, I miss that ol' truck!! :bang head I'll look to see if I got a pic of her...

65 Chevy Stepside

There ya go... If anyone has some more 'real' C-10 photos, throw them in here. Not going to do as a 'barn find', just a 'blue collar' working truck.

AFN

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

Been diggin, think the difference in where that badge is located is one way to tell if it's a 65 or 64. Think mine is a 64.

65 Chevy Stepside

With the Tamiya Mustang happily 'simmering' in the background, and the Hornet 97.5% finished, time, I think, for a change of pace...

heb8083e.JPG

h9b4759b.JPG

Lots of time, going to take it nice'n easy...

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

Cab & bed built and primered. Just placed on to the chassis for the photo.

hd6570e0.JPG

h90f492b.JPG

Next I'll build-up the engine, cut some wire for the ignition harness etc, etc. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

AFN

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

A little progress, and my apologies for the poor focus on both the photos of the block, no idea what happened there... :idonno

hfd101b7.JPG

he75e230.JPG

h1f99d8d.JPG

ha50ae5e.JPG

h4db584c.JPG

h0a7609f.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

Back