• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

No more modeling for a while

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
Bit of an update, and an apology for not being very active on MA.

Over the past few months, my job situation has been a bit of a roller coaster. Started a new job in September 2018, lasted until 1st of March 2019, now I have a new job, starting on Monday the 25th.

Exciting as it is, the new job is in Canberra, 300km (200 miles) from Sydney. I will be spending next week in Canberra, then a plan for our relocation should take shape.

It has been frustrating as hell not knowing details. Yes, I am a big fan of details :D . The lady of the house managed to find herself a job as well, in Canberra, of course - more like an internal transfer, really - but still awesome. She has a definite start date of 22nd of April, which, in the land down under, turns out to be Easter Monday, public holiday. This means nobody works on Friday - Sat - Sun - Mon, so, we have to find a place to stay and have some stuff transported no later than Thursday the 18th. Sweet !!!

For the past three weeks I have been packing stuff, Bismarck is now in its' original box - thankfully I did not rush with gluing the superstructure in place, but there are still so many delicate pieces that I hope will still be where they need to be when I open the box at our new place.

Bottom line is that, until we've found a rental (or be able to get a loan to buy a place), there will be no modeling for me. Internet access might be intermittent too, to early to tell.

I'll try to login to MA and have a look around as much as I possibly can,that's for sure :D .

All the best to you all, stay safe, be happy and keep those magic pieces of work coming.

Thanks for reading this,

Laurence

Nice that everything is working out. Thanks for keeping us informed, good luck with the move. I'd offer to help but you might take me up on it! :rotf

Nice that everything is working out. Thanks for keeping us informed, good luck with the move. I'd offer to help but you might take me up on it! :rotf

Not a problem MP, thanks for understanding and for the wishes. If you offered to help, you'd get the chance to see a bit of Australia. Canberra really is a nice place with some awesome stuff to see ...

hbd452f5.JPG

The only Me 262 showing the original paint

h20f17de.JPG

h0740a97.JPG

haa6a21f.JPG

h6c48458.JPG

hfaca1b0.JPG

And so much more :D

Good to hear you're both employed . Good luck with the move :drinks

Thanks for the quick tour . I wish other museums had stuck with the original paint jobs .

Cheers, Christian B)

Congratulations on the new employments Laurence. Don't worry about us, just pop in once in a while and let us know how you are getting on. Hope it all goes smooth and easy and we will be looking forward to seeing the new digs when you land.

Hi Laurence

Also from me best wishes on your new Job and in the relocation to the ACT.

I have been twice to Canberra and I really enjoyed it. The War Memorial was impressive, the City very pleasant. Best of luck to you.

Alex

Sir, congrats on the jobs as well! Waaaaay over here in the US of A! I too have been on the job roller coaster for several years. In fact my wifey started her new job last week, thank goodness ours has not involved moving....all the best!

Best of luck with the move. What is the scoop on the Manchester ? Looks like it was made from Lancaster parts.

Thank you one and all for your kind words.

Finally back online after an adventure I will be able to laugh at in few years time. Long story short, had to drive back to Sydney twice, it also involved a rental truck, lots of loading what the removalist couldn't fit in the first place, problems with the phone line at the new address, waiting for internet connection to be functional for two weeks, and a whole lot more.

Now I am back, with most our stuff in storage. Bismarck? I haven't even been able to find time to open the box to see how it traveled, but I am confident there's been no disasters there.

We are still looking at two out of the three bedrooms in our rental being full of boxes, most of which have not even been opened. All the finished models are in boxes in storage, hopefully as intact as possible.

I love my new job, Wolfette is not so keen on hers', but she is a trooper, taking one for the team. So far I have had a pile of paperwork to do for my new job and barely able to check my emails. Now, things seem to have settled down a bit, hence the 5 minutes I get to greet you all again.

I am loving it here, so far it's been very tiring, lots to do, but, for the first time in many years, I feel like I live in a place that I can call home.

In terms of modeling, I don't know when that's going to happen. I have no space for the Bismarck here at the moment. Perhaps a small kit or something like that, but I am not keen on starting something new just yet. I shall see, perhaps a kit from the War Memorial shop, to support them a bit - been there at the weekend, the kits I saw there, compared the prices, they are only a few dollars more expensive than the online supplier I have used over the past few years. Well worth helping out, the AWM (Australian War Memorial) is a fantastic place.

Speaking of which, the Lancaster in the photos is the real deal - G for George. They flew it here then it stayed here, which is awesome.

Anyway, thank you all once again, glad I am back online :D

Laurence

Glad you made it and love your new job. Hopefully, Wolfette will have hers grown on her.

Regards,

Glad to hear you survived the trip. Relocations are always stressful. Not looking forward to that part when I pull up roots here in the next few years.

Glad it is working out for you! Quality of Job is a big factor in quality of life! I think it would be neat to get to see Australia, but at this stage in the game, I do not see that happening.

Hey if room is a factor, try one of those little 1/100 scale tanks!

Glad it is working out for you! Quality of Job is a big factor in quality of life! I think it would be neat to get to see Australia, but at this stage in the game, I do not see that happening.

Hey if room is a factor, try one of those little 1/100 scale tanks!

No way. It's gotta be God's One True Scale: 1/72! :tomato :rotf

Back