• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML King Tiger Late Production

Tony lee

Master at Arms

From what I read about this kit it represents the last batch of Kings produced before the end of the war for Germany. These were sent to Italy and the Eastern front and did not participate in the Battle of the Bulge according to a well known researcher(Jentz),I can't think of his name right now,so that's the way i'm going to try and build it. :idonno

I got a lot of it built since I found it today and i'll have some pictures tomorrow.

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Update #1

Back to work and btw 1 to 2 more inches of rain coming this afternoon through Thursday that we don't need.

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Send that stuff straight over here, we'll take it.

That's a great kit, you'll enjoy it. (y)

It's building quickly enough that's for sure Mike and it has indy tracks,that's the best feature. :eek:hyeah

Back to work

Update #2

The tracks are all cleaned up too so tomorrow i'll start building those.

Thanks for lookin

Update #3

Tracks:

I started with the bottom run so I could have the unglued end sections where I wanted them for ease of removal for painting.

Now to fill in the top section and sag.

I'll keep adjusting the sag as the glue cures.
Looking at old photos the sag was all over the place therefore the length of the tracks as such are just touching the top of the third road wheels.

Rain Rain go away,come on back another day. :D

(y) Looks pretty good already Tony.

Looks like your rain will become our rain tomorrow :(

Cheers, Christian B)

When you make the National News you know it's bad Christian and getting worse with the additional rain. :(

One more picture with the Tamiya since I added the spare tracks today.

Update #3

Tracks:

I started with the bottom run so I could have the unglued end sections where I wanted them for ease of removal for painting.

Now to fill in the top section and sag.

I'll keep adjusting the sag as the glue cures.
Looking at old photos the sag was all over the place therefore the length of the tracks as such are just touching the top of the third road wheels.

Rain Rain go away,come on back another day. :D

Looks swell Tony! :popcorn

Update

Lightened Tamiya Dark Yellow base color:

It almost rained again today but just missed us with a 80% that it wouldn't. :eek:hyeah

Back