• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Volvo Ew160c Diorama (not complete)

tiking

Ok. Here is where I am with this 'toy conversion'diorama project so far. The results speak for themselves. It is not complete yet. Still have to add more details, boom arm and weathering. This is just to show you all the overall look of the diorama.

The container is from an old project. I re-painted and re-weathered it, and made it to look even more delapidated.

I converted a toy 1/24 scale excavator model,for a diorama I was planning. This particular excavator is a model of the Volvo Ew160c model. There are some things that are a bit off, but in general overall look, it is pretty similar. I wanted to try and modify it to look like a show piece.

I will be adding a figure or two and some accessories. I still have to weather the engine. Will post some photos of that next week. Still need to add the boom arm and small other details that will complete the model. Hope you enjoy the photos so far.

The original toy Model excavator:

The excavator after re-working it:

Part 2:

Another update to this diorama, I am still working on. I finally added the boom to the diorama.So far I am liking the whole scene. Did quite a lot of modifications and some scratch building to get it to look descent enough for display.
I painted and modified the engine with some scratch built parts as well. I also added an old truck axle from my previous vignette to this scene. I thought it would add interest, instead of a stand-alone vignette, as it was before.

Added the first hydraulic to the front of the vehicle. It was also detailed with some scratch built parts. I added some hanging cables from the side of the cab to make it look like they are working the internal cables and hydraulics of the machine. Just some added interest.

Started on the first figure for the diorama. Not my best attribute but its a start to making the diorama look lively. Hope you like the progress so far.

This one deserves a better comment than this!

Duane_WOW.gif

Looking fantastic! (y)

One thing that pops out to me is the Oxygen and Acetylene regulators should be brass along with the torch body

:soldier

Part 2:

Another update to this diorama, I am still working on. I finally added the boom to the diorama.So far I am liking the whole scene. Did quite a lot of modifications and some scratch building to get it to look descent enough for display.
I painted and modified the engine with some scratch built parts as well. I also added an old truck axle from my previous vignette to this scene. I thought it would add interest, instead of a stand-alone vignette, as it was before.

Added the first hydraulic to the front of the vehicle. It was also detailed with some scratch built parts. I added some hanging cables from the side of the cab to make it look like they are working the internal cables and hydraulics of the machine. Just some added interest.

Started on the first figure for the diorama. Not my best attribute but its a start to making the diorama look lively. Hope you like the progress so far.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Back