• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Weigh Station

tiking

This build had taken me some time to put together. The base is a pic frame mount with poster board foam as ground base. The electronic ground concrete ground mounts and fence concrete rectangular blocks were both plaster cast and poster board foam cut and hot glued together. Then, I added wall Spackle to cover the joints. The signs were downloaded from the internet and scale to size using a similar WORD like program. The boom setup and detail around, were scratch built using styrene and misc. parts, from my box of tricks.

You have the discipline to produce details that really make a difference in your builds. Last month at out model club meeting in Tulsa we had a group of car modelers that came in and showed us their skills. While they were quite impressive I just had to tell them of your modeling and what I have been seeing for the past seven or eight years. Everything that you produce if it were photographed in a forced perspective could not be distinguished from an actual subject. I have never seen anybody around here that could model tractors and trailers as realistically as you do. Your weathering techniques are spot on, right down to the grease on the fifth wheel and the road grime on the tires and mud flaps. All I can say is "amazing"!

You have the discipline to produce details that really make a difference in your builds. Last month at out model club meeting in Tulsa we had a group of car modelers that came in and showed us their skills. While they were quite impressive I just had to tell them of your modeling and what I have been seeing for the past seven or eight years. Everything that you produce if it were photographed in a forced perspective could not be distinguished from an actual subject. I have never seen anybody around here that could model tractors and trailers as realistically as you do. Your weathering techniques are spot on, right down to the grease on the fifth wheel and the road grime on the tires and mud flaps. All I can say is "amazing"!

So kind of you to say Paul. I appreciate your honest support of my work and your incouraging words.

I have to agree with what Paul said. There have been times with your photos that I had to stop and remember that it was a model.
Excellent work!
OhWowser.jpg

Super OUTSTANDING work! The level of realism you incorporate into your dioramas is incredible. I agree with what Paul said.

Again, Super OUTSTANDING work!

Cheers,
James

I am also overwhelmed at the incredible realism of your outstanding work! You are able to replicate the finest details to truly bring out the most realistic finish I've ever known.

I bow int he presence of greatness! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I am also overwhelmed at the incredible realism of your outstanding work! You are able to replicate the finest details to truly bring out the most realistic finish I've ever known.

I bow int he presence of greatness! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Making me blush, if I could. ;) -Kind of you.

Back